Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

MY LINE BROKE!!!

Old 07-01-2005, 07:46 PM

Default RE: MY LINE BROKE!!!

I was at the original Bass Pro in Springfield last month and went to the museum. I saw the world record bluegill wooden mount and it was 3 lbs 14 ounces. It was big, but not much bigger than a cd case. If you are telling the truth, which I can't find a reason not to believe you, I hope you can catch it again.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:20 PM

im tryin to get with my uncle to get back down to the lake again. if i get one close to 3 or 4 pounds its goin on my wall. if i get another 5 pound its gona be on the wall to,

(shouldnt of said foopa. now everyone is using it lol)
Old 07-03-2005, 02:55 PM

I don't see why you would want an illegal mount on your wall.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:54 AM

I believe you, if you believe that I caught the world record bass and threw him back cause I only catch and release.

Take some pics of the fish in the pond even, if they are that big it must look like sharks swimming around. I want to see this 16# bass.

I mean maybe they are really big, but a8-9 pound fish looks enormous too. My brother has been flirting with our state record here the past couple of years, but its tough to beat. Want to know what the state record is? Its only 10# 15oz. He got one a few weeks ago that was 9# 3oz. We thought for sure it was the record....but fish can be deceiving.He has caught several others that are in the 8's too, so we know what big fish look like. He has also lost a few that may beat the record, he said one was about 12#'s. Most people are amazed by a 5# bass....so to see one with 11#'s more on it coming from a state not known for producing big bass is pretty unbelievable. Infact, the one he caught to win a tourny a month ago was only three pounds on the nose. Everyone kept guessing it at 5-6 pounds, but it was just a big hollow momma...Biggest fish of the day though.

Its hard to accurately judge a fish without a scale. You can get a good educated guess, but sometimes that is way off.

Theres no doubt in my mind you are seeing and catching big fish, but unless you get it on a scale, theres no way to know how big. You need to hook into another one of these monsters and you better lip him quick and get him in a cooler full of pond water. I want to see that puppy on a scale. If it reads over 10# I will cr-p my pants.

By the way, up the tackle you are using. I mean you can catch a 10# bass on 6lb line, but just switch to 12 to 20# lineand motorboat them in. No sense in fooling around if it could be some kind of record. Check it for nicks, keep it away from rocks, boats, docks etc, and you can land a bass nearly double the weight of your line. Im surprised the line even broke once he was on shore? Are you sure he didnt shake the hook loose? Doesnt matter, just practice landing the fish and lipping them....you shouldnt be laying them down like that anyhow. Once that sucker gets close grab him!!!

Oh and you really shouldnt be trespassing....I mean I know what you mean, its only fishing, but it is wrong. I used to do it on small ponds around me, but I realized its just not right, and its not worth getting caught just to catch some fish. Some public waters are the best places to fish anyhow, and if you ask nicely, you can get into some outstanding privatefishing spots. My buddy got permission tofish a farm pond, andbroke the rock-bass record there (pending). So find out who to talk to, and ask permission for the place...If youpromise to keep it clean, and not hold them responsible for any injuries etc.(in writing)...they are probably likely to let you fish there. Than you dont have to worry about sneaking in, or getting caught.

Good luck getting permission, and catching those brutes legally.---Matt
Old 07-05-2005, 01:06 AM

well i wrote out a big reply forgot to turn my firewall off and im not gona type it up agian. but long story short. sister started college and i started racing motorcross. and with stuff from my motorcycles and stuff im broke so cant get a camera a scale or even a new pole cause mine is broke to i can find someone/companys to sponsor me and till i get a job
Old 07-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

wait wait wait....let me get this straight. You race motorcross which costs thousands of dollars but you're just gonna forget about the state record largemouth and bluegill because you can't afford a 6 dollar disposable camera !! What was I thinking...I deffinately beleive you now.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:54 AM

Bear, I was going to say the same! You can even get a cheap camera for $3.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:43 PM

yeah i dont really care tho. cause if i do get it everyone will be fishing there and there goes my good spots. dont get me wrong. i want to catch a record. but ur right motocross does cost thousands of dollars. and that extra 5 bucks will by me a new spark plug or go towards a filter i need to switch out EVERY RACE. and i dont even really have the time to go fishin now anymore this year. i bet my last time will be this friday. im going catfishing wiht my uncle. and im not even certain if im doing that yet cause i need to buy new handlebars. go get some gas. (which is 6 dollars a gallon) i also need to get more equipment. and start gettin money for my trailer. so know. i cant spend the money on a desposable camera. let alone a digital so i can post the pics. and im not gona spend mony to get them on disks cause the quality sucks on there
Old 07-06-2005, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff

yeah i dont really care tho. cause if i do get it everyone will be fishing there and there goes my good spots.

and i dont even really have the time to go fishin now anymore this year. i bet my last time will be this friday.
If you are not going to go fishing there anymore, why are you worried about everyone finding out about your spot? I'm sure most people won't go fishing there, after all, it is illegal. I'm sorry i shoot stuff, but I findyour storyhard to believe.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very hard.

Quick Reply: MY LINE BROKE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.