Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

MY LINE BROKE!!!

Old 06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MY LINE BROKE!!!

ifi were to spend 150+ on a reel id get a penn but you wher proably talking about a baitcaster
Old 06-28-2005, 01:21 PM

welll im going from what i saw in the pond and from they guys i know who fish there. and yes a 5 pounder is a trophy. but ill tell you somethin else and i know one will beleive me except for my family because we are the olny people that know about this pond. if u live in ohio down by cambridge its called ohio power. they put in ponds way out there were they thought no one could and would get to to go fishin. well there basically lakes. and i know everyone is gona say im lying but we were fishin and i cought about 5 pound bluegill. we put it back cause theres bigger ones in there. and i wanted to get one of the monster bass. there no dought in my mind that the bluegill would of beat our state record. and i live by columbus. in lancaster
Old 06-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

5 LB. BLUEGILL!!!!!!!
YOU PUT IT BACK CAUSETHERE
ARE BIGGER ONES IN THERE!!!!!!!

And you'recomplaining about a measly 8-12 lb. bass getting off?
Is Ohio power a nuclear plant? Hope you wear a lead suit
while fishing.

PKnTX
(edited for spelling only)
Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 PM

ok........i was thinking when i first read the post you were in florida or CA, so there was something in the back of my mind saying you could be telling the truth. 5 lb bluegill?!?!? Somebody has been eating way too many peanut butter and crack sandwiches..record LM in OH is 13 lbs..anything over that would be unheard of above the mason-dixon line. Yes, i officially say you have no clue how to judge fish size. I'll admit, if i was put in an area with 7 lbrs all over i'd say they would be 10 because i dont get to see a whole lot of 7 lbrs around these parts. if you catch a 5 lb gill or 14 lb bass, take a picture of it on a certified scale, then ill believe you.

slayer

PS: i was wrong on the st.croix rod..the most expensive is $300 for a Legend Elite spinning rod...
Old 06-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Caleb,
I work with students who also hav eanger problems. I enjoyed the fish story. I used to tell a few myself. I'd rather catch that 5pound bluegill myself. I saw a 14lber getting mounted the other day here in Florida. I'd love to have a 5 lb bluegill on my wall. The state record for Florida is only 4.6. Watch that anger brother and please be careful with the unholy words.
Chuck
Old 06-28-2005, 05:20 PM

yeah me and my uncle regret not mountin that bluegill. im about 6'3 and i could put its head at my risk and the tail was short about and inch or two from my elbow. i had it layin out on the shore then i said no cause theres bigger. i swear tho im not lyin the only reason i wont tell anyone were it is i dont know how exactly to get there cause my uncle takes me. and its practically impossible to gethere. also if u could see the fish out ofthere u would seriously poop ur pants,and its illegal to fish there. but hey i dont care they shouldnt of made the pond. and its not like we trash it u could not tell a human has ever been there. there is no line or tackle or trash anywere. the only thing were thinkin of puttin in there is a little paddle boat. but the only problem is it weighs a good bit over 150. and so we have to wait to me my cousin and uncle all go in there. we have to take it through woods. through a creek up a mudslide thing briars. cow field with bulls (people that raise cows now how bad it sucks when theres nowere to hide from them). horses then over a fence and through a whole bunch of hills and briars. its sure gona be fun
Old 06-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: i shoot stuff
and its illegal to fish there. but hey i dont care they shouldnt of made the pond.
You're gonna draw some fire my young friend...trespass comes to mind.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:52 PM

madre de dios...please, if you're going to lie, be halfway believeable. Ohio's record gill is a near 3 lbs, if i remember correctly. I've seen a 12" and an 11 mounted, and yeah, they look huge. However, only in a warm climate like the deep south can you get bluegills anywhere near 5, because of the longer growing season. This is why big bass come from FL and TX. the fish can grow almost year round, while in Ohio, they may only have 7 or 8 months of growth. Plus, they're almost certain northern strain fish, so they just wont get to be 16 lbs. Florida strain can grow to be that large.

and now tresspassing? well, the neighbor across the fence leaves a little corn stand, so i should be able to hunt it just because he left it stand.wait..ask permission...nothing more i hate than tresspassers, well maybe poachers. We used to have problems with them, its not as bad anymore, but because of that, i hate anyone who feels they can tresspass because they feel like it or for reasons like yours.

slayer
Old 06-29-2005, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Partner,
I got a picture of a black crappie that goes from my elbow to my finger tips. Guess what he weighed? Two pounds
I also have a bluegill that went 12" that's from my wrist to my elbow. A bag of sugar is 5 pounds.Guess what he weighed ,
one pound. Was you fooling around in Math class when they were teaching measuring units?
I also have a 25" bass on the wall. Guess what it weighs. Only 7pounds.,and it was fat.
Love Ya ,
Chuck

PS Concerning the Trespassing...it's a bad habit to break. Eventually you will get caught and it could cost you a lot of money or jail time. It's not worth it friend. Break that bad habit. I'm speaking to you from experience . I used to do similiar things until I gave my life and heart to Jesus Christ. Not only has He gave me a much better life but I'm a much better fishermen.
Sincerely,
Chuck
Old 06-29-2005, 12:34 PM

no i told u length chuck i forgot to add ifi wanted to break its back i could of made its back and stomach touch with ALOT more room. AND FOR EVERYONE ELSE I DONT CARE WHAT U THINK OF ME. THINK IM LYIN THINK IM PULLIN UR LEG I DONT CARE. I KNOW WHAT I SAW. I KNOW WHAT I CAUGTH. U CAN DOUGHT ME WELL GOOD FOR YOU, WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT. IM NOT GONA SIT HERE AND ARGUE OVER WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND WHAT I HAVE CAUGHT. IM NOT THE BEST FISHERMAN EVER. BUT I DO CATCH BIG FISH, AND IFU CANT BELIVE THEN TO BAD. IM NOT GONA SAY OK IM LYIN CAUSE IM NOT. I KNOW WHAT I SAW AND CAUGHT!

Quick Reply: MY LINE BROKE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.