Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Fishing my 1st Big tourney next weekend >

Fishing my 1st Big tourney next weekend

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing my 1st Big tourney next weekend

Old 06-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Fishing my 1st Big tourney next weekend

Fishing my first large tournament next weekend. A guy from school i know and have fished with before invited me to be his partner for the Team Supreme Open 2 day tourney next weekend. Probably a 65 boat field. I'm pumped now. I'm hoping this if i do well, it opens some doors for me and i can start fishing the Team Supreme and Bass World Sports circuits in the area.

slayer
Old 06-04-2005, 06:13 PM

Default RE: Fishing my 1st Big tourney next weekend

Good luck. Where are you fishing?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Good Luck friend. I was in one before but not that big.Will you be in front or the back of the boat.Will you be fishing as a team with the driver or independently. Makes a big difference. I was in a boat but we were not a team. The guy was ticked because I out fished him, When I would hook a fish he would take off.
Chuck
Old 06-05-2005, 08:56 PM

We're fishing the Upper Mississippi River. Probably stick to pool 10, but we may have to run up to pool 9. We're fishing as a team, and i've fished with this guy before so we get along great. I'll be the boater, but we'll switch off in the front of the boat, as he knows more spots than I. I've spent time on the water with him so we dont have a problem with each other and it should work out great. We're running a 16.5' Lund witha 60 Merc 2 stroke engine, no way we're going to outrun those Rangers Nitro's and Gamblers with 225 Z-Max's and Verados, but we'll let our fishing speak for itself.

slayer
Old 06-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya. I've got a jon boat and do very good.I flip alot and get in places where the others can't. However; on big lakes I'm in trouble,especially when a wind kicks up. I was in a Ranger when I fished the tournament.Those bad boys can fly. We were across the lake in 1 minute.

When the tournament is over ,it's amazing to see how many fish were caught, and BIG fish at that.

Again , God bless,
Chuck