Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Great day at Devils Lake >

Great day at Devils Lake

Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Great day at Devils Lake

Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Great day at Devils Lake

Had our trip to Devikls Lake today. What a day. We didn't get started until nearly 10:am But we really had a good day. At 4m the wind and rain chased us of the lake but the livewell was about full. We had nine Walleyes over 20 ince with several 22-24. Seven Northerns over 28 inches with a couple 37 inchers and two white bass over three lbs with one just over four. With the rain and wind we didn't get to do a stringer picture. We turned loose several smaller northers as well. We caught them all just working a couple short shore lines casting Number 5 Shad Raps and 3 1/2 inch Rapala long cast minnows.

I think we could have done better on Walleye if we had dared take the steel leaders off but the Northerns will bit off to many of those six dollar Shad Raps. We only caught one Walleye under 20 inches.

I had a new Mitchel 308X reel with 14-4 Stren Super Baid and a new 6 ft Berkly Series one rod to try out. Very good outfit. I could have used a longer rod but I planned on doing quite a bit of jigging and we didn't do any. Today was about three days after a cold front moved through so the fish were pretty active.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Great day at Devils Lake

Sounds like you had a heck of a time. Good fishing.