Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Fishing Gear
Polar bear fur for fly tying >

Polar bear fur for fly tying

Community
Fishing Gear Besides scouting and collecting sheds we need something to keep us occupied in the off season.

Polar bear fur for fly tying

Old 09-21-2019, 11:45 AM
Spike

Default Polar bear fur for fly tying

Might not get much response but I have a polar bear rug I will be cutting up into sections for hair to use in tying flies. There are several flies that use this hair and artificial fur does not act and look the same in the water. Any of you engaged in the craft drop me a line. $10 per square inch. Will cut strips or pieces to order. Hide will be cut for you only after payment received.. terrylg1(at)verizon.net.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Sea Wolf
Might not get much response but I have a polar bear rug I will be cutting up into sections for hair to use in tying flies. There are several flies that use this hair and artificial fur does not act and look the same in the water. Any of you engaged in the craft drop me a line. $10 per square inch. Will cut strips or pieces to order. Hide will be cut for you only after payment received.. terrylg1(at)verizon.net.
It is illegal to sell or offer for sale any parts of polar bears in the US, no matter whern it was taken. It is now illegal to import parts of polarts bears into the US even if legally taken in the country of origin. I would take your post dopwn if I were you
Old 07-05-2023, 09:28 AM
Spike

Not at all. It is from an animal documented well before the ban. It can be sold as patches anywhere in the USA. I can not send it out of the country. Nor has this fur been imported into the USA. Perhaps you should do some research before jumping off the bridge. Then try writing to every fly tying supplier that has the same patches of fur for sale currently. You will get the same answer. If I had a whole hid, claws or a mount, I could sell that as well with documented papers. Without papers, the hide or mount could still be sold in the state it resides in and not to cross state lines. Please research the actual laws and not be quoting opinion, rumor or hearsay from other sites.

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
It is illegal to sell or offer for sale any parts of polar bears in the US, no matter whern it was taken. It is now illegal to import parts of polarts bears into the US even if legally taken in the country of origin. I would take your post dopwn if I were you