Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

stoeger auto loader

Old 02-26-2005, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default stoeger auto loader

anyone have experience with this gun? found one in texas, free freight to an ffl for $400, fifty bucks cheaper than my local gun shop. didn't get a re in the review page, so figured I'd try here.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:35 AM

Default RE: stoeger auto loader

hoyt3, I spent an hour in the gun shop trying to decide which to buy.
The Stoeger or the Super Black Eagle. For the life of me I couldn't tell that much difference, except for the double price of the SBE. The Stoeger shoots 2 3/4 and 3 in.. The SBE shoots up to 3 1/2. I never use 3 1/2 so that helped in my decision. I picked the Stoeger 2000 in black and have never regretted it. The story goes that Benelli heard of the Stoeger and sent lawyers to stop them from making it. They found that the Stoeger was so good that they bought the factory. The action (inertia) is the same in both guns. hope this helps. good hunting. terry
Old 02-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

I've been told that they are basically the same gun. I am buying the stoeger in timber hd today for $400
Old 02-27-2005, 12:54 PM

terry while the actions are similar, whoever told you the story about lawyers and buyouts was blowing smoke up your [ahem]. Beretta owns both Stoeger and Benelli (and a vast network of other European gunmakers as well). As is the case with many multi-gun company owners/holders they use parts/actions/designs from various guns in the manufacture of other lines. Beretta likewise owns Franchi and they are esentially a 3.5" M1 Benelli. Yet they are a few hundred cheaper than a SBE or the Beretta Xtrema.

From what I have seen of Stoeger, they are "ok" for the price but the fit and finish isnt quite the same as their more expensive counterparts. One of our customers ordered a Stoeger O/U with both 12 and 20ga sets. He was quite happy with it, and good for him. I however declined to comment about how cheap the fit and finish was on the gun which wasnt that much cheaper (it was $1k) versus a Browning Citori or a Beretta 686 for only a few hundred bucks more.

I hope you enjoy your new gun,
RA
Old 02-27-2005, 05:20 PM

I have a Stoeger 2000, good gun, but agree the finish isn't as good as some.......but a good hunting gun.........
Old 02-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually Benelli bought the Turkish company that produces these shotguns not Stoeger.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I bought one the other day and have yet to shoot it. I believe it will fit my needs just fine. I got what can only be described as the waterfowl version with the thirty inch bbl and camo. $369 out the door....think they rang up the wrong one, oops, their problem, not mine. we'll see how she shoots at the range this weekend...
Old 03-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

It's true about the lawsuit. Beretta took over Vulsan and marketed the gun under the Stoeger brand name. Stoeger let go of the Luger (now Traditions ALS 2100) and replaced it with the 2000. The 2000 does not have the quality of a Benelli and parts are not interchageable except for a few small parts. The 2000 is also way less expensive than the Benelli's. It's a good gun for the money.
Franchi is owned by Beretta as well. They are imported by Benelli (as well as Stoeger). The Beretta A391 Xtrema is designed after the Franchi 612, 712, and 912 gas auto's. The AL 48 series are long recoil operated like the Browning Auto-5. The new I-12 Franch is inertia operated like the Benelli's. It's has a 2 3/4" and 3" chamber.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:42 PM

DELETED
Old 03-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Again Benelli only imports and shares a service center with the Franchi's and Stoeger's. Beretta is the owner of these companies as well as Sako and Tikka.

Quick Reply: stoeger auto loader

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.