Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

adult pellet guns

Old 02-25-2005, 06:58 PM

Default adult pellet guns

im looking to buy an adult pellet gun and scope for varmits in the back yard! any ideas on what i should consider?
Old 02-25-2005, 08:17 PM

Default RE: adult pellet guns

beeman kodial .25 caliber,also known as the patriot by webley
http://pyramidair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=21
RWS,beeman,and gamo all have decent air rifles.I prefer .22cal over the .177 as it has more knock down power ,but does not compare to the .25 kodiak.I have an rws model 45 .177,rws model 34 .22cal,and the kodiak .25 cal .they are all accurate guns.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:23 PM

Gamo Shadow 1000 or one of those benjamin Sheridan pumps in .22 cal pellets. I have heard the Gamo's are better than the Winchester Break barrels because of the trigger pull, which is supposedly not to user friendly with the winchesters.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:48 PM

thanks! jcb9901 great site! lots to pick from
Old 02-26-2005, 03:31 PM

If and when you get an air rifle ,you will need quality pellets.My guns did'nt perform well with your run of the mill stuff(daisy ,crossman) at walmart.I've had good luck with kodiak match heavy pellets and crow magnum.both good for small game hunting.Every gun is different so you will have to find out what your gun likes.Once you find the gun you want search the interenet for best price.pyramid has good prices on some and high on others.

If you decide to get a pistol ,I recommend this one (IZH 46M Match pistol by IZH-Baikal )
it will shoot one hole groups and I use mine to kill pigeons with head shot out to 20-25yards.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:44 PM

What size are the varmints?
Old 02-26-2005, 05:16 PM

well rick,cats that get into my boat and garden,sparows,starlings,crows,coons.and anything eles that anoys me.lol,i really dont want to shot someones cat,but they should have to keep them tied up.they get into my pond and boat all the time.and my one nabor has a ton of them.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

All the models liste above will do the job it depends on how much you want to spend. I shoot a RWS model 350 that really shoots good. Though whichever gun you get you'll need to try several brands of pellets to see which one shoots best. I had some old pellets that I used to use w/ my old gun and they wouldn't group at all w/ my new one though they grouped excellent w/ my old one. Once I found the right pellet for my 350 it will put them on top of each other.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:36 PM

I second the Gamo. I have had one for several years (1k fps) and with a 3x9 atop it its a deadly killer for small stuff and I have MORE than taken care of neighborhood cats that were hellbent on making my bassboat their new hangout!

With pointed pellets the 177s will surprise you with what they will penetrate!
RA

ps
Remington has one out likewise with a nice high powered scope with mill dots on it and the one I shot was really accurate and the stock felt like a thumbole but was ambidextrous.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:25 PM

i was looking at the gamo varmit stalker! it is on sell now for 209.at the air gun mall and 199 at cabelas! i shot the pointed 177 cal.pellets and they would not group at all in this gun,and the crow 177 from beemans do well and they are 8.5 grain. and a pluss for downing them.

Quick Reply: adult pellet guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.