Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Howa rifles

Old 02-24-2005, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Howa rifles

Guys - any of you have any opinions on these rifles. I'm looking at the Howa M1500 youth model for my grandson but I haven't heard any reports on them.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Howa rifles

They are very well made and very strong rifles that have many features you won't find until you get to more expensive lines. Fully machined one piece bolt and handle, Fully machined receiver, AR style extractor, three gas ports in the bolt body, hinged floor plate.

You won't find another rifle with these features in the same price range.

You won't go wrong with a Howa rifle.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Host of Hosts

Weatherby thought enough of the Howa 1500 to have them make the Vangaurds for them. Also I understand that the Smith and Wesson 1500 is also the same as the Howa.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:17 PM

Bronk you have probably owned or at least shot a rifle built by the folks who build Howa, you just might not have known it. Miroku of Japan is the company that builds the Howa and they still build the Vaguards for Weatherby and the A-bolts for Browning. From the late 60s too the mid 90s they likewise built the Mark V for Weatherby. All of the guns I mentioned are generally considered quality firearms so that should give you some idea as too the quality of the Howa you are looking at.

The "Golden Eagle" by Howa was always one of my favorites when I was a kid. They were considered an "affordable alternative" too the Mark V that they then mirrored,
RA
Old 03-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be heading to the gunshop and place an order for a youth model for my grandson. Have to see what cartridge they're chambered in. Hopefully a 7-08 or similar.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:57 PM

They have a youth in 7-08. here link to all there rifles
http://www.legacysports.com/product/index.htm
Old 03-02-2005, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are made by Howa Machinery not Miroku probably the best made rifle one can buy under 1000 bucks easily. If I had to buy another new rifle it would be a HOwa. They originally copied the Sako 591 action without the integral scope bases.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a S&W 1500 in 243 which as stated was made for S&W by Howa. Very accurate little gun and built solid as a rock. I would not hesitate to buy a Howa if this gun is indicative of the type of firearm they are still producing. The problem is that I just don't see many of them in local gun stores for some reason even though I have never heard anything negative about them.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

have a S&W 1500 in 243 which as stated was made for S&W by Howa. Very accurate little gun and built solid as a rock. I would not hesitate to buy a Howa if this gun is indicative of the type of firearm they are still producing. The problem is that I just don't see many of them in local gun stores for some reason even though I have never heard anything negative about them.
They have been too busy making guns for everyone else to focus on marketing their own guns. They need better marketing.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

They have been too busy making guns for everyone else to focus on marketing their own guns. They need better marketing
A very true statement.Howa makes a great product for the money but many people are simply not aware of this due to weak marketing.

Quick Reply: Howa rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.