Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 remington's 3" accuracy guaranty >

remington's 3" accuracy guaranty

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

remington's 3" accuracy guaranty

Old 02-12-2005, 10:00 PM

Default RE: remington's 3" accuracy guaranty

-
Old 02-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

For those of you considering a purchase of the "most accurate out of the box rifle" you ought to know that remington won't even consider a repair if groups are less than 3." I've spent more than a year working up loads and trying different factory ammo and it shoots 3 shot 21/2" to 4" groups--I mean patterns. Remington customer service actually suggested to me that that was more than enough accuracy. Unless you want to keep your local gunsmith busy, better stear clear of big green if 3" groups are not acceptable to you!

What Model???? because if its a model 710 aka economy throw around, good enough for hunting and thats about it gun. I really wouldnt complain, for that model 3" at 100 yards is acceptable especially for hunting........

I have a M700 Mountain Rifle BDL in 308 win. With remington express core lokts I get .5" to 1" at 100 yards. with my handloads I get nothing more then .5" at 100 yards.

something tells me its the shooter not the gun......................... unless its a 710
Old 02-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

on second thought it could very well be your reloads, what kind of equipment are you using and what kind of technique do you use???
Old 02-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was originally assuming that the rifle was a 700.I have seen several remington semi auto's that shot patterns instead of groups.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:14 PM

HighDesertWolf

It is my boy's youth model 700ADL in 7mm-08. FYI, when I do my range work, I bring 3-4 rifles at a time to give barrels a chance to cool. During the time I've been working with this rifle, I've been fine tuning my own hunting rifles. I've got a Sako 7mm STW, a 340wby and and 300wby all shooting 1/2MOA with different loads, both factory and homerolled. I don't believe the problem with the boy's rifle is my shooting unless it is the slow velocity or the lack of recoil!
Old 02-13-2005, 09:05 PM

-
Old 02-13-2005, 09:30 PM

It is the synthetic stock rifle, and yes, I repeatedly checked tension on the action screws. I've sent it out to have the action bedded and the barrel recrowned as that was the gunsmith's suggestion at this point. We'll see what happens.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:48 AM
bigcountry

You know in manufactures defense, can you imagine the guys that send back guns, that go to the range with whatever is on sale at Dicks sporting, fire off 10 rounds in a row. Guns red hot, and load up and do it again. Expect little cloverleafes at 100 yards.

Or the ones that use Hoppes nitro cleaner and puts 100 rounds thru the bore without removing any copper.

Thats the reason in my companies products we have margin built in. Our product 95% of the time works much better than our specs, but due to test equipment variations, and mostly operator error not properly cleaning thier optics, we have to build in crazy margins.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

About a year ago I had a 700 mountain rifle(synthetic stock) in 7-08. I took it to the range and it shot fine not great but fine 1 - 1 1/2 in groups with 140 grain factory corelockts. It had the pencil barrel which I will never purchase again. I sold the rifle to a guy who called me a few weeks later after the inspection period expired and he is telling me it is shooting 6" groups at 100. he was really pissed at me I could tell. He was shooting handloads. I suggested he try factory corelockts and I never got a call back from him after that. I am thinking maybe that soda straw pencil barrel is very temperamental. I would call Remington and escalate it big time and it can be done and get that barrel replaced if your shooting groups like that. Tightening screws will account for a fraction of an inch difference at best . There is something fundamentally wrong with either the barrel , a locking lug is not seatiedright or the action to stock fit is not right. This is not rocket science. Don't screw with the gun get it back to Remington and let them make it right.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't had any accuracy problems with the 700 BDL's I have owned and my CS contact with them has only been twice each time they made good.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply: remington's 3" accuracy guaranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.