Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 ruger or taurus handguns >

ruger or taurus handguns

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

ruger or taurus handguns

Old 01-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: ruger or taurus handguns

Super Redhawk 7.5"bbl all the way.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Not saying anything bad about Ruger, but I have a taurus RB in 454 and I'm happy with it.

Best advice i can give you is to handle the guns in question and see which feels better i your hand. To me the Taurus had a better balance, might be the other way for you.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Hello CHMA,
My quess for what it is worth.......Do a little research before you buy!

Revolver: Ruger
Semi:Ruger .40

KEEP ON ROOTING!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all of the input I could not decide on weather to get the Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag or 480 Ruger so now I have both the wife is not very happy but I am I love them both now I just have to wait for November [for deer season] I did change the grips on both of them to Hogue Monogrips I prefer the finger grooves.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: chma

I have both the wife is not very happy but I am I love them both now I did change the grips on both of them to Hogue Monogrips I prefer the finger grooves.

Chma you made a couple of good choices. Not only with the Ruger's but the grips as well.

As far as the wife don't worry about it. She'll get over it or die mad.Chances are she'll pay you back.Jewelry stores and clothing shops will even that out in short order.Good luck with your new toys.Don't forget to tell the wife how nice those diamond earrings look on her . LOL.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 03-20-2005, 11:19 AM

My Ruger SRH 44mag stainless 9.5" barrel used from gander mountain $550 I got hogue rubber grips on it at gun show 25bucks and i am thinking about magna porting it. How about gettinh that ruger 454 alaskan srh magna ported?

I like dan wesson supermags and pistol packs also check out the following link.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...91#post1412891
Old 03-21-2005, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Revolver: Ruger Semi: Taurus.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:50 PM

ditto

[/quote]
No comparsion Ruger all the way.The Ruger Redhawk and Super Redhawks are two of the strongest guns made.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:25 AM

The one Alaskan I saw listed in .454 was $619. I'm waiting for one now, no estimate on when it'll come in (yet). I don't know anything about the .480 and went with the .454 given I've been loading it for about 10 years for my FA guns. It'll be my berry picking/fishing/walking in the woods gun.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rick_reno

The one Alaskan I saw listed in .454 was $619. I'm waiting for one now, no estimate on when it'll come in (yet).

Rick where was that listed. I have one nailed down when they are finally released.Last information I heard was they will be released in May.Of course with Ruger there is no telling what year that might be.LOL.It only took about three years for the Gold Label to get out.I'm going with the Casull too! I got a price of 650.00. from my dealer.Ordering off Gunsamerica even at 619.00 you will have shipping added. Assuming I found one on GA add the shipping and transfer fee it would be over the 650.00. I'm making a trade and I'll have to pay 50.00 difference.I am excited about the Alaskan.I just don't see it being a big seller.I maybe wrong. Just have to wait and see.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: ruger or taurus handguns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.