Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Thompson/Center Service = Superb! >

Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

Old 01-26-2005, 08:20 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Thompson/Center Service = Superb!

WTD, its not just TC, I am aggravated at. Its just about everywhere I look these days. My oil furnace is not working now. Got guys out here today (had to take a day off work), and as soon as they left, it quit firing. They said they would come out tomorrow and they have a great reputation standing behind thier work. If they put it in right last year, they wouldn't have to prove their service to me.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

bigcountry, things have changed. Nothing (well not many things) are made by hand or with the pride of days gone bye. Machines make everything and machines are not perfect, and it's all about maximizing profits. My hunting rifles of choice are converted mauser 96/98 actions made in the late 1800 and early 1900. Who knows how many thousands of rounds have been fired through them. But you know what? They are still in great condition and operate flawlessly. If I took photographs of all the animals I have shot with them over the years I would have volumes of picture albums. Not sure some of the younger guys know what I'm talking about. The same as CD's and hard drives. Buy yourself a 98 action, have it chambered for lets say 30-06 ( I prefer 7x57), drop it in a quality stock, mount a good scope on it, and forget about ever having to replace it. Enough said.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Bigcountry that it should have been right before it left the factory.I don't care who it is sooner or later a defective product will slip through QC.It's nice to know there are still some companies who care about their customers.I know T/C,Knight and Ruger have top notch customer service.It's unfortunate that defective products do slip through on ocassions, It's just nice knowing someone cares enough to correct the defects.

Ruger Redhawk