Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

taurus raging bull 480

Old 01-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: taurus raging bull 480

huntwv, I know I didn't add much but you're welcome.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're welcome huntwv, That was nice of that gentlemen who let you shoot his guns.Now you made your own decision. We might have helped you decide but it was you who finally decided what you want. You are making a great choice with a SRH 44.I like both the RH's and SRH's. For a lighter gun the Redhawk is the way to go. If the extra weight isn't an issue the SRH is a great choice. The extra weight helps tame the recoil.I have both RH's and SRH's. I usually carry my unscoped Redhawk during hunting season.I made a special attachment for mounting my holster to the climber.I'm possibly going to patient it and start producing them.I've been throwing that idea for awhile. Let us know when you get your new toy and how it shoots.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-24-2005, 06:14 AM

well I got my new toy yesterday and I cant say enough about it. It was about 5 degrees out when I got home but that didnt stop me from going out and wasting some lead. I love the gun and look forward to hunting season. All I need to do now is work up a load for it and I will be set. I dont think I will put a scope on it for the first year of hunting with it because I want the challenge of the open sight thing. The other reason for not having a scope is I dont want to try taking to long of shots with it untill I am really comfortable with gun and know what it is capeable of.

I am still thinking about the Taurus 480 just because I like the way it looks. I know this is dumb but people do dumb things everyday. I will let you know what becomes of it. Thanks for all the help.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:23 PM

Don't pass up the S&W 629 or 629 classic I love mine in a 6in. barrel. I have been handloading it w/ 240's or 300's JSP. I dropped a 400lb bear with the 300's I love handgun hunting
Old 01-29-2005, 06:12 AM

Thanks silverbackpete, unfortunatly I dont know much about the 629s. In fact I dont know alot about handguns at all. I like the SRH 44 that I got and I did alot of resurch on the Taurus guns. I know that the home of Taurus is in Brazil and they have a company in Florida. Last night I went back to the shop where I got the SRH and ordered the Taurus. I like the looks of the gun and I like the way it feels. I dont know If I will do a lot of hunting with it because of having the SRH but atleast I have cured my want for the gun. I am sure if I had not ordered it , it would be stuck in my mind forever. I will do some resurch on the 629s and that might be the next gun for me. I will let you know how things go.