Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Browning Gold Stalker Shotguns >

Browning Gold Stalker Shotguns

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning Gold Stalker Shotguns

Old 08-28-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Browning Gold Stalker Shotguns

Just bought a Browning Gold Stalker 12 gauge, 3 1/2" Magnum 28" barrel shotgun. I bought it in the hopes that I could use it for deer hunting this Nov/Dec 04 in Illinois. I can't find any info on whether or not this was a good decision. I'm hoping I can use it for deer hunting and it came with three or four chokes. Since we can only use slugs here, does anyone think I'll have any problems?

I appreciate your inputs.

Govtman
Old 08-28-2004, 08:31 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Browning Gold Stalker Shotguns

I think they make a choke for shooting sabot'd slugs for browning. I also have a gold but in a cantilever rifled barrel. Most accurate slug gun I have owned. I get consistent 2" groups at 100 yards with 2 3/4" copper solids. You can use brenneke slugs or sluggers from remington. I would use a modified choke. A full choke is not a good idea. I took 8 or so deer with my smoothbore 870 before I got a rifled barrel.

Ithica now makes a rifled barrel for a browning gold. Might want to look into it. If you going to be hunting alot in that state, it will be worth it. The browning barrel is very expensive at over 350 dollars. But mine works great.

With smoothbores with a bead, you really need to limit your shots well under 50 yards. And alot of practice. That bead takes up the whole vitals a deer at 40 yards.

Old 08-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Browning Gold Stalker Shotguns

The Gold's are hard to beat for reliabilty and quality. Use you I.C. tube for rifled slugs. Follow BC's advice if you want to shoot sabot slugs.