Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

remington 710

Old 11-09-2004, 01:38 PM

Default RE: remington 710

WOW! I like this sight, but I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I bought my 710.

I've probablu shot 200 rounds over the last 3 weeks and really enjoy the gun. The bolt is a little tough to shut (if you think walking and chewing gum is tough). Like a few other guys, I've been very pleased with the gun. For $339, you can't beat it.

At 100 yards I've been hitting 4 round groups within 1.5 inches.

Here's my perspective....you can either hunt with what ya got, or you can showboat. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys touting expensive guns over this "POS" are probably the same guys who drive the biggest SUV's and trucks, but have never driven off the pavement!

Why spend time knocking some dude for gun....aren't we all just glad to be outside doing what we love?

If the freaking indians could kill buffalo with a sharp stick....ANY modern firearm is more than sufficient.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:28 PM

Well I will most likely regret jumping in but here goes. I recently retired my 710 when I bought my 06 Browning A-Bolt Stalker. Now I love the Browning but I didn't buy it because the 710 wasn't performing. In fact it killed everything that I shot with it for a couple of years. I got the A-Bolt becasue it's a great gun and I like guns. It does do better at shots in the 200-250 yard range which gives me a little more confidence. Now the 710 is ugly but with a litttle practice it groups well at 100 yds and can flat put the game on the ground. Is the Savage or 700 a better gun for about the same money? Maybe but for a decent entry level deer rifle the 710 does the job with no frills. I actually took some money of some folks with much more expensive guns that laughed at the Remington. So does a nicer rifle make me a better hunter? No just a hunter with better equipment. Like my dad used to say coach gets you to the same place as first class, know what I mean? Gary
Old 11-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

WOW i did not know what i would start by asking a question but its fun just for a little history i have a rem 700 with a shepard 4x12 scope and a weatherby vanguard both in 30-06 i have owned savage 110's and a lot of different guns i shoot all of these guns well enough that i have no problem with any range out to 400 yrds and have killed deer at that distance though on often i just saw this gun and wanted to know about it from someone who had shot them. keep it up this post is fun
Old 11-10-2004, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Gary10ec1

Well I will most likely regret jumping in but here goes. I recently retired my 710 when I bought my 06 Browning A-Bolt Stalker. Now I love the Browning but I didn't buy it because the 710 wasn't performing. In fact it killed everything that I shot with it for a couple of years. I got the A-Bolt becasue it's a great gun and I like guns. It does do better at shots in the 200-250 yard range which gives me a little more confidence. Now the 710 is ugly but with a litttle practice it groups well at 100 yds and can flat put the game on the ground. Is the Savage or 700 a better gun for about the same money? Maybe but for a decent entry level deer rifle the 710 does the job with no frills. I actually took some money of some folks with much more expensive guns that laughed at the Remington. So does a nicer rifle make me a better hunter? No just a hunter with better equipment. Like my dad used to say coach gets you to the same place as first class, know what I mean? Gary
Well said.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

While the model 710 might be a great gun for the person who will only shoot a box of shell every 10 years, what I don't understand is why someone would buy it when there are better guns in the same price range. For less than $ 50.00 you can have the Savage, or the Remington 700, or the Winchester model 70 packages ( find the right sale you can get a Weatherby Vangard) all are better guns than the 710. I don't know about you but if I'm talking $300 already another $ 50 is nothing. I'm not talking of going from the 710 to a Sako ( but I bet if you compared them side by side you'd kick yourself ... hard) I'm talking of guns at the end of the spectrum
Old 11-11-2004, 07:05 AM

This forum is great .... great for alot of skeptics to voice their opinons, I own one and my buddies that have shot it at the range have all raved of the bang for the buck. ( no pun intended ) For those of you reading this looking for a review on the shooting of this rifle...do not hesitate to make this wise investment on a great priced , great shooting rifle. PERIOD! I am sure to be flamed for this as a newbie on this forum....let em fly I am HAPPY with my remington 710.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 AM
bigcountry

Yea, when I was a kid, I was happy with my 7400. Defended it every chance I got. Poor gun hasn't left my safe in a long time.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, when I was a kid, I was happy with my 7400.
Funny how it is hard to admit your first gun is not up to snuff.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:21 AM
bigcountry

What are you talking about Frizz, that gun is very capable of going back in action. [:@][:@][:@]

Its ok for me to talk about her, but no one else can.

I just choose not to take her out anymore.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's ok. I was the victim of a Jammington as well as a kid.

Quick Reply: remington 710

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.