HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   benelli nova? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/63959-benelli-nova.html)

dlinc 06-19-2004 12:00 AM

benelli nova?

benelli nova for small game/waterfowl?
tis cheap and fits me quite well, but i've not the faintest on quality/durability/reliability...

what say ye fair hunters?

BENOUTHUNTIN 06-19-2004 03:29 PM

RE: benelli nova?

Good luck on getting a balanced opion on this one.
I have found that the Novas are very binding when pumped.

TScottW99 06-20-2004 09:40 PM

I have had my Benelli Nova 24" NWTF edition for 15 months now and it has performed 100%. It has been waterfowl hunting, grouse hunting, turkey hunting, dove hunting and clay pigeon hunting.

It is a great handling gun.

oldelkhunter 06-21-2004 09:33 AM

Good gun that will last forever...I had the 28" barrelled model and thought it was a bit heavy and I didn't like the trigger, the forrend is a bit noisy I thought. You cannot take away from its reliability.

Bugeaters 06-22-2004 08:17 AM

i have a benelli nova and i love it. sweet shooting and dependable. the only gripe i had was when shooting turkey loads my middle finger got hit by the trigger guard. but that was with 3 1/2 inch 4 shot. so i took it with a grain of salt. i think it is an excellent shotgun.

Gundigest 06-22-2004 06:59 PM

I have a Benelli Nova for waterfowl and turkey hunting. I use hevi-shot 3.5" #2s for geese and 3" #3s for ducks but I am going to go to 3.5s for ducks also. I love my Nova it is an awsome shotgun. It seemes to be very durable and it has not failed me yet. I would recomend it over the Remington, Winchester, or Browning pumps for waterfowl any day of the week.

Carpmaster 06-23-2004 03:28 PM

i have one and 5 frieds do also and they will all tell you that for the $$ it is the smoothest most reliable and good functioning gun out there. I really like mine alot for turkey and waterfowl hunting

halcon 06-23-2004 08:08 PM

the gun itself worked fine , I just didn't care for the feel of the gun . It always felt loose to me .

Hank_612 07-08-2004 06:52 PM

Nova's are great guns. If it fits you well its even better for you. Most will tell you its the best bang for the buck of any shotgun.

johnch 07-09-2004 03:32 PM

I hunt with a guy that had one ,we where hunting in snow/sleet/freezing rain for ducks . He had to to the truck twice to thaw out the gun . Ice was causing it to not fire. The rest of us with 870s had no problem and got our limits.

j3k2c1 07-09-2004 07:19 PM

I don't have a Nova but I have a Black Eagle and a Black Eagle II and Bennelli makes all around the smoothest and most durable shotguns I have ever shot.

Gundigest 07-10-2004 09:27 AM

I only have the nova but I looked at a lot at the gun shop and I agree. Benelli has the Smoothest Shotguns on the market.

nmarro 07-10-2004 09:42 AM

i have had a nova for almost 3 years now, and i think its the nicest pump out there for me. the gun fits, and is balanced perfectly. looks great, and is so damm reliable. i have shot 2000-3000 round + through the gun, and i have not once had a misfire, or a jam. the gun works great for me, and i think its great for its price. when i was choosing which pump to buy, i was faced in purchasing a rem 870, or the nova. both were close in price, but when i picked up the nova, it felt, and looked much better. to me the 870 looked cheap, and the wood looked plastic. well, i am glad i baught the nova, and couldn't have been happier. i was able to get my gun at $269 new. good luck