HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Ruger Super Redhawk Scope (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/61799-ruger-super-redhawk-scope.html)

WyoGreff 05-20-2004 07:00 PM

Ruger Super Redhawk Scope

I recently purchased a Ruger super Redhawk and i would like to put a red dot scope on it. My local dealers gave me mixed ideas, the first place i went to told me that $30-$40 would be a good price range, the next place told me that those cheap scopes wouldnt hold up to the recoil of a 44 mag. does anyone have a red dot on any high powered pistols? any input on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

DANTHEHUNTER 05-20-2004 09:01 PM

RE: Ruger Super Redhawk Scope

I have that same rsrh .44 mag .I have a leuplold eer x4 on it and have had no problems . It is a very expensive scope but well worth it. I have no experience with a red dot. It sounds to good to be true at $40.00.

T/C fan! 05-21-2004 01:28 AM

If you set on a red-dot, go with the Leupold Gilmore. It will run you about quite a bit more than the rest($140?), but its worth it. I had one on a Ruger SRH in 454 and it stood up and took that recoil with ease. Buying a cheaper scope will only cost you in the long run.

WyoGreff 05-21-2004 03:41 PM

T/C, do you know any places on the internet that have these scopes for this price? this way i have a back-up if its too expensive at local stores!

Ruger-Redhawk 05-21-2004 05:54 PM

ORIGINAL: T/C fan!

. Buying a cheaper scope will only cost you in the long run.
Those are very true words you have spoken. I agree with you 100%.
Ruger Redhawk

WyoGreff 05-25-2004 03:50 PM

does anyone else have any input on a red dot scope for a 44 mag?

timbuck 05-30-2004 08:55 PM

I'll second the recommendation on the leopold gilmore red dot. I've got one on a .44 colt anaconda and I love it.

T/C fan! 05-30-2004 09:20 PM

WyoGreff, I've checked out a few sites to see who offers the Gilmore, but the only one I found was natchez. They offer 5 different ones rangeing from $150-240. I picked up mine through the sportsmanguide, but that was a couple years ago and they don't seem to offer it now. Sorry about not getting back to ya quicker.

WyoGreff 05-31-2004 11:08 AM

Ok so i've decided on the gilmore...now 35mm or 1inch. I have the 1inch scope rings that came with the gun but if the 35mm is more appropriate for hunting i would much rather spend the extra money and be happy with my purchase. What do you suggest?

T/C fan! 05-31-2004 09:15 PM

Stick with the 1-inchers. If you decide to go to another scope that is "powered", you won't have to buy another set of rings.;)