Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 06-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

Yup, you guys keep buying those new guns from Wallmart and slowly watch your local gunshops close their doors and then complain you can't find what your looking for.
I can't find what I'm looking for at my local gun shops and they act like they don't want to special order anything for me. So that being the case I could give a rats A$$ if they close. Wal-Mart ordered my new Tikka T3 for me and I got it for 458 bucks. Beat that price anywhere in Alabama.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:02 AM

you did what i would have done.if i was a rich man,i still would not feel compelled to line someone's pockets to support their lifestyle.the other thing about wal-mart,the average guy that does not have $400-500 to plunk down at one time,can put the gun he wants in layaway for 10% down and has three months to pay it out.to people on a budget,this is a plus.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, you guys keep buying those new guns from Wallmart and slowly watch your local gunshops close their doors and then complain you can't find what your looking for.
Truer words never have been spoken DG. There must be some pitiful gun shops where some of the people that have posted here live that's all I can say. I would give up shooting guns if Walmart were the only place I could buy guns and ammo.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:16 AM

I have a friend who has a pawn shop in a town that is a wal mart town. he is selling guns like crazy!!
WHY? he doesnt jack the prices up. these rock head gun shop owners that are complaining about wal mart need to realize that in this age people can learn very quick how much their cost is on a gun. and know how much they are making.
my friend will order you whatever you want for $20 bucks over and shipping. and the guns on the shelves are a little higher than that but not much. and most of the time he'll deal with you on them.
now in the area i am living at the moment i haven't found a gun shop i would buy a gun from. they are all rock head gun shop owners . i love to visit them and look at guns and tell them about what they have in the gun. some get a little upset but oh well.

I say look around and find a place that wants your business not just for one sell but long term by giving you the best possible price. and stick with them no matter if thats bobs gun shop, joe's pawn shop or wal mart!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

have a friend who has a pawn shop in a town that is a wal mart town. he is selling guns like crazy!!
WHY? he doesnt jack the prices up. these rock head gun shop owners that are complaining about wal mart need to realize that in this age people can learn very quick how much their cost is on a gun. and know how much they are making.
That's so true. I was in a situation like that when I lived in Florida it was either drive to Jacksonville to buy guns and ammo or pay thru the wazoo at the local gun store. Put a lot of miles on the cars I owned back then. All the rock head gun owners where I lived are now out of business..
Old 06-02-2004, 01:58 PM

In Fayetteville (NC) we have a gun shop that has a magnificent collection of hardware - and they're mighty proud of it. Whenever some one mentions that they're thinking about buying a gun from there I tell him that since he knows what he wants, go up the road to Lumberton to this other gun shop. Same selection, but much much less expensive.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:24 PM

I don't buy much in the way of sporting goods at walmart anymore. I found a good shop that has what I want at a good price. I wanted Federal Premium HE 140gr TBBC last year for elk. Living in NC, there isn't much demand for such things, but they beat everybody else's price, got it faster, and have it on the shelf whenever I go in there. I'm probably the only person within 150 miles of them that uses it and they still stock it. It's about a 65-70 mile drive for me, but they get my bussiness because I haven't found anybody better. The sporting goods dept. at the walmart that I go to is manned by by a bunch of ignorant people. (I say ignorant because there is a differance between ignorant and stupid.) They don't even know what's supposed to be in the box with the guns they sell. They tried to get me to take a rifle with no bolt, saying that that was everything that was supposed to be in the box. I had to show them one in the display that had the bolt in it then show them the one that I wanted that didn't have the bolt to get them to see that something wasn't right. I'll keep giving my money to the little guy who at least has a clue.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:04 AM

I buy most of my guns from 2 local gunstores. One I use more than the other. He will order any gun and get it fast for a fair price. The other place was WAY OVERSTOCKED, THEY HAD BRAND NEW IN BOX GUNS FROM AS FAR BACK AS 1986 (i.e. Win M70 Winlites) and a lot of used guns. This place came under new management so for the past 2 years they have been having some big sales. I was up there Saturday and their inventory is way, way down. Rem M7 synthetic in 7mm-08, .308,
.243 for $299.00. Good price, bad quality. I have also used Wal-Mart on a few occasions. Picked up a Ruger M77 Stainless syn in .270 for under $335.00. I have used Gander Mtn as well, but their prices are so high and since they can hardly be described as the "little guy" I have stopped buying firearms from them.

Aim Straight,
NBH
Old 06-04-2004, 05:33 PM

Lou's gun shop in Hialeah, FL will always get my business before any stinking super store. Heard on Fox News the other day that 1 out of every 269 Americans are employed by Wal-Mart, now that's just scary. I went by the sporting goods section years back at Wally's and tried to price a box of 30-06. The girl behind the counter started looking through the Penn fishing reels and said she could find that number. DUH!
Old 06-06-2004, 02:14 PM

Holy cow! If you want customer service, you need to go where you fit in with the sales people. If you want a great deal on a gun, go where you can get the best price. All this talk about the small business owner. I do not have enough money to be spending more when I can spend less. I have to look after my money and use it wisely. Now if I was rich, well then I would look after the small business. But I am not. If Walmart has the best price, then that is where I am going.

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.