Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 05-15-2004, 08:59 PM

Default RE: Wal Mart?

KMarts are just about out of business around here. Many have closed and there's only one or two left and it's like shopping in a ghost town. I've never bought any hunting equipment from them.

Would any of you buy a firearm or even shop at a KMart after their sellout to the anti gun groups ?I can't and won't support any business I know is anti Second Amendment.
You ought to check out the thread I just posted on in the Bowhunting section, I couldn't believe it.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...1&key=&#636348
Old 05-15-2004, 10:33 PM

Oh ruger you'll be shocked but i bought a remington 870 from kmart about 16 years ago.
It was a good deal cause i ended up with a wingmaster for a express price. i won't even go into a kmart now. oh there arent that many anymore!
Old 05-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Soark,good to see you old buddy.I've bought a few rifles over the years at KMart.In fact my Rem.700ADL was bought there and one of my 10-22's.Hope they enjoyed getting my money then cause they won't get any more of it.Way back they had some good deals. We had a department store chain down here. Zayre's. I picked up a brand spanking new Remington 1100 for 159.95. It had the plain bbl but for that price I couldn't pass it up.Allot of Kmart's have disappeared down here also. Hopefully they all will.If Wal*Mart has anything to do with it they'll be gone soon.You can ride by any KMart and the parking lots empty,just the opposite a Wally World.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Danny45
You ought to check out the thread I just posted on in the Bowhunting section, I couldn't believe it.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...age=1&key=򛖼
[/quote]

Danny that guy is out in Left Field, I agree with some of what he says,but very little.I will say he sure blames the NRA for supporting assualt weapons.Then he apologizes for his comments.(mistakes). This guy we need to watch.He's liable to go off the deep end. I do agree with him about injecting cattle and animals for food with a rapid growth hormones is not right. Fast money.Then using animals for testing shampoo's and other chemicals.He does bring up valid points.I Love to hunt but in no way like to see any animal abused. Thanks for bringing that topic to my attention.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-16-2004, 08:24 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. I too agree with the abuse aspect. However, I think his ideas go a little deeper. And what's up with the idea that it's okay to bowhunt, but guns have no place in society crap???

I'm glad they moved it to the Hunting Politics forum and out of the bowhunting one. Maybe more gun owners will take issue with some of his ideas there.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Danny45

I'm glad they moved it to the Hunting Politics forum and out of the bowhunting one. Maybe more gun owners will take issue with some of his ideas there.
Danny they'll pick him apart over at Hunting Politics. I had to laugh when he said he bow hunts and coming down on guns.If you asked him what day of the week it was he probably couldn't tell you.What he says doesn't hold much water as far as I'm concerned.
I'm ready for another Beer.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-18-2004, 08:15 PM

About walmart, i would buy my guns there if i didnt have a local gun shop that is actually honest. While some dont have that luxury i have a local dealer who gives me most of my rifles and pistols just above cost. Before he opened his store i did buy one shotgun at wal-mart and its been good for the price i payed. Another thing i would check into is a local ffl dealer, we have one in our area and while i havent purchased any guns from him, friends have told me he nearly sells for cost.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:20 AM

it is all about personal preferances and economics.local gun dealers are like local car dealerships.the owners will always have very high quality lifestyles due to their profit margins.since their customers are normally able to afford to buy from them, there is no reason to get into price wars with their competitors.wal-mart is the largest retailer because they cater to the low income customers.firearms at wal-mart are the same ones you will purchase at the local gunshops but at a more reasonable price.as far as personnel in the sporting goods department being able to provide advice or knowledge about the firearms,the average person knows what they want when they go there to buy it.the associate waiting on you only needs to know the policy and procedures to make the sale within state and local regulations.as with most retailers,you see what you want,you ask to look at it,you either put it back or pay for it and take it home.the difference with firearms,is there is no return policy.they will take it back and send it to the manufacturer for repairs.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:01 AM

Well ive had some real problems with walmart.....gave me wrong ammo, gave me defective clays, lied to get more money.
But theres this good ol' boy that own a small gunshop. i think he was in a couple wars. when you walk in there its like (what i think it would be like) walking into a USMC armory! there are assualt rifles, gas masks, a few 50 bmg's, cammo out the but, and every caliber of ammo.
Well i asked him how much ho would charge for a Ruger M77 .223. he gave me a couple hundred dollars off of what ruger was selling it for on their web site! he said that he only makes 20 bucks off of each gun he sells. WAY BETTER THAN WALMART
Old 05-31-2004, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.