Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Wal Mart?

Old 05-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wal Mart?

Hey driftrider,

In your reply to my post, I went back and read my post and I didn't say anything about , a woman behind the counter.

I'm out of this from here on, this is going to get nasty. Think somebody needs to say , Uncle.

dog1
That's because I wasn't replying to you, dog1. Just because the post say's something like "(in reply to whoever)" doesn't necessarily mean that the reply was directed at that individual. If one click the "Post Reply" button at the top or bottom of the page the software assumes that the person is replying to the last poster, which in the case of my post above was you. You posted right before me, which is why it says that I was replying to you, which I wasn't.

If you had read the quoted portion of my post and read the entire thread, you'd see that my post was directed toward something that wnogood had said on page 2 of this thread. You should read the entire thread carefully before you reply.

Mike
Old 05-11-2004, 10:35 PM

Thanks Ruger and Danny for cheering for me!! To bad wnogood didn't reply to my comment. I would have enjoyed "debating" with him on this particular issue about women behind gun counters.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it okay to come out from under my desk yet??
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

For those of you that have a good gun dealer near you, make a point to occasional include that in your list of things to be thankful for. Maybe even have your wife bake him a nice pie from time to time. Because its been my experience that they are few and far between.
Amen, My brother goes to a good dealer. I live over 200 miles from this dealer, but he is the first guy ill call with questions. I have even taken the time to drive down to look at his used guns. A good gun dealer is a good thing, be thankful if you have one near by.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:17 AM

Thanks Ruger and Danny for cheering for me!! To bad wnogood didn't reply to my comment. I would have enjoyed "debating" with him on this particular issue about women behind gun counters.
Hey, we know a winner when we see one.

Your "arguments" FOR Wal-Mart seem to be well thought out and intelligent responses. It shows you're prepared to debate the issue.

I have been wondering just what his nickname "w/no/good" might actually stand for. Seems to me he was looking for a fight, then thought better of it.

Hey Ruger, pass me another beer!
Old 05-12-2004, 03:03 PM

For what it's worth, I've had positive and negative Wal-Mart experiences when it comes to firearms.

A few weeks ago, I went to buy a couple of boxes of 30-30, and it took forever--no one was working Sporting Goods, and when someone showed up she was from Electronics, and had absolutely no idea what I was asking for, and to top it off, I was charged a higher price than was posted. Argh.

A couple of weeks later, out of desperation, I went back hoping to be able to order a left-handed Savage rifle. They didn't have what I wanted in the catalog, but the clerk was very helpful, and even suggested a local gun store that might have what I was looking for. I appreciated his help (and yes, I did tell him so).

Wal-Mart's not my first choice (the stores are just too big, too noisy, and in general too chaotic for my taste), but I don't think they're the Evil Empire some people make them out to be.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Danny45

Hey Ruger, pass me another beer!
Danny the Beer is on it's way.At this rate I should have iced down a couple cases.

Tupelo you're welcome,Doesn't look like we'll get to see you in action.I was looking forward to you putting wnogood in his place.Just when I thought we would have woop-de- do we get a no show.I'll keep my money on you just in case he comes out from hiding. Danny I'm ready for another cold one.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-12-2004, 05:11 PM

Thanks guys!! Don't worry I will be ready "if" he does show up! I don't know what is going on in his head. It just burns me when people think that women do not know anything about sports. I have been asked by male customers if I can call a male associate to come assist them with a sports question. That is just sexist. Also, I can be standing behind the sporting goods counter, wearing a sporting goods vest, with the words sporting goods on my name badge and men will come up to me and say, "I'm sure you don't know but..." or the ever popular "Where is the guy that works here?" That just irritates the mess out of me. We'll just see what wnogood says, if he says anything.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tupelo He's to busy trying to get his foot out of his mouth.Or he has his head where the sun doesn't shine. Take your pick.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 05-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're talking Wal*Mart,
Not to change the subject.I hate to admit it.I bought a couple rifles from KMart. That was long before they sold out to the anti's.How many have bought firearms from KMart?I'm just curious. I won't even walk into a KMart after their sellout. I did get a couple nice rifles at reasonable prices from them........ As far as I'm concerned they don't exist anymore.Would any of you buy a firearm or even shop at a KMart after their sellout to the anti gun groups ?I can't and won't support any business I know is anti Second Amendment.

Ruger Redhawk

Quick Reply: Wal Mart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.