Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Accu Trigger?

Old 04-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Accu Trigger?

What does everyone think of the new savage guns that have the accu trigger? I was wondering how the accu trigger worked and how well everyone liked them?
Old 04-07-2004, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Accu Trigger?

I sure hope you get some responses on this, because I'm really interested in Savage's new Model 12 Low Profile varmint gun. I'm really anxious to find out how durable the accu-trigger is and if there's any problems with it.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

I got a 223 in the 10fp last year with the new trigger and like it very much,set it on 1 1/2 lbs and haven't had any trouble with it at all so far.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 PM

i have the savage 11fl in the 300wsm with the accu-trigger. i have it set on about three pounds and have never had a problem with the trigger or the accu-release. it is very easy to adjust.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:33 PM

I have a Savage 10 FLP in 223 Rem. w/ the accu-trigger. I still have mine on the factory setting which is just about 2.5 lbs on my rifle. I love the accu-trigger it is smooth and tight. I wish I had one on all my guns..

Tight Groups

Matt
Old 05-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Accu-trigger is in one simple word:

SWEET!!

The Savage rifles with Accu-Triggers have, by far, the finest triggers available of any American stock production rifle selling to under $1000. Remington, Winchester, and Ruger don't even come close. I can't speak for the European brands, as I don't own one, never shot one, and don't really care to.

My next rifle will definately be a Savage with the Accu-trigger. Great barrels, great accuracy and awesome triggers for less than $500 for some models. Just can't be beat, IMO

Mike
Old 05-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I need to look into one. Ever savage I have ever owned had the worst triggers on them. Very heavy and a long stroke. Other than that, they have been great guns. Ill have to look into fixen em up with some new triggers.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:16 PM

Sorry Burnie, according to Savage, they won't fit the older guns. Maybe a very good gunsmith, and a lot of money, but by then you could have a Timney or other make.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:36 PM

I have one on my 12bvss in .22-250. SWEET is the right word.. Awesome is another. I wish I could get one for my old .270 Savage, but it is old enough to have a non lawyered trigger that is set down nicely. I would recomend this trigger to anyone and everyone. While not a great gun to look at, the trigger and the accurate barrel of the Savage is an awesome combo that every shooter/hunter should experience!

PS, I have a Tikka as well, It has a great trigger, but If I could get an Accu-trigger for it, I would!
Old 05-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry Burnie, according to Savage, they won't fit the older guns. Maybe a very good gunsmith, and a lot of money, but by then you could have a Timney or other make.
Awwww fudge. I guess my savages will keep there heavy, long stroke triggers.[:@]

Quick Reply: Accu Trigger?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.