HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Shotgun scopes-Nikon, Simmons, Busnell?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/53955-shotgun-scopes-nikon-simmons-busnell.html)

reel slick 02-23-2004 03:22 PM

Shotgun scopes-Nikon, Simmons, Busnell??

Looking to put a scope on my winchester 1300 12 gauge slug gun. On the high end I am looking at the Nikon prostaff 2-7 power. Next is the Simmons 1.5-5 power prodiamond scope and also the Busnell banner 1.5-4 power. Is there a big difference in quality? thanks.

thndrchiken 02-23-2004 04:22 PM

RE: Shotgun scopes-Nikon, Simmons, Busnell??

You get what you pay for. I will be picking up a Banner 1.5x4 for my inline. Not to save money but because the two other Banner line scopes I have / had have performed flawlessly.

driftrider 02-23-2004 05:33 PM

I'd go with Nikon, then Bushnell, and if you absolutely can't save up the cash for either of the above by next season, then maybe a Simmons. I had a Simmons 4x on my muzzleloader that went tits up after about 100 shots. I replaced it with a Bushnell (one of the cheaper ones, don't recall the model off the top of my head) that I haven't had any problems with. I also have a Nikon Monarch UCC target scope on my M77VT that I dearly love. I don't think you could possibly go wrong with any of the Nikon line, though.

Mike

dvdegeorge 02-23-2004 06:49 PM

Don't care for Simmons or Bushnell IMO junk,have had bad experience with both on shotguns.Have not tried Nikon,but for that price I would strongly suggest a Leupold VX II 2x7 shotgun scope have 2 of them and they are excellent scopes that can with stand the recoil of a shotgun and you can't beat Leupolds customer service

BOWHUNTERCOP 02-24-2004 01:23 PM

I HAVE A NIKON BUCKMASTER ON MY IN-LINE, LEUPOLD ON MY MAIN SLUG GUN, AND MY 2 OTHER SLUG GUNS HAVE BUSHNELL TROPHY SCOPES, I LIKE ALL OF THEM

Deleted User 02-25-2004 08:29 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

bugsNbows 02-25-2004 02:32 PM

Another choice to consider is Leupold. They have a couple of shotgun, heavy reticle scopes. One is a 1X4, and one is a 2X7. They go for around $250.00-$280.00 respectively and are very good quality.

trailer 02-25-2004 06:53 PM

Don’t forget about eye relief when looking at scopes. I have been looking for a while and although I didn’t want to spend to much money I ended up ordering the Leupold VXII 2-7x33mm. This scope has 4.9” eye relief at 2x and 3.8” at 7x.. I can’t wait till I get it in my hands. Good luck in your purchase.