Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Beretta/92/96/99 styled pistols >

Beretta/92/96/99 styled pistols

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Beretta/92/96/99 styled pistols

Old 12-18-2003, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Beretta/92/96/99 styled pistols

I can't see buying a handgun made in Brazil where gun ownership is forbidden when you can spend a few $$ more and buy a Beretta made in USA.
You mean made in the USA by a parent company from Italy where gun ownership is forbidden. The money still ends up in Italy. Also, not all are made in the US.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also drive a Nissan Pickup which is made in the USA by American workers, but the big money goes to executives in Japan, so what?

How many new 92's do you see on the shelves of gun shops that were made in Italy?
Old 12-18-2003, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to start an arguement. Just making the point that made in the US by foreign companies doesn't make Beretta any better one way or the other. Both are good guns as I stated earlier. I prefer the Taurus for its features and value, not for who made it.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

No argument here
Old 12-19-2003, 01:25 AM
Typical Buck

Unfortunalty, with the cost of "cheap labor" in other countries, I'd be very surprised if there was any gun manufacturer that could prove that their products were comprised of meterials made in the USA only. "Made in the USA" don't mean what is used to. Sorry to get off-subject.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:08 AM

An as an aside....as long as we, the consumers, demand the best product for the least amount of money we will continue to see a decline of labor instensive products coming from the U.S.A. There are many things we do better than anyone else in the world....cheap labor isn't one of them. And it's a fact that is not going to change nor the trend reverse.

So as Americans, if we want to participate in the financial rewards of those industries, participate in the capitalistic markets. (It's that...or be happy with not participating.....because it's "never going back".) That is what truly makes this country great and unique....we have the freedom to participate. Just takes some time, motivation, and a little investment!

Sorry for being off topic!

By the way, MossyOak02, buy the best product for the money. The stamp on the barrel/frame/slide mean nothing anymore. One is as likely to have parts from this or other countries as the other!

And back on topic.....I still think that a good medium frame revolver is more versatile as an outdoor companion piece!

Once again....Good luck!

Dave
Old 12-19-2003, 05:29 AM

Hi MossyOak02,

I had time to think about my last post, and I'd like to modify it a little. If it is any way related to financial gain for France....."spit on it".....and keep on moving!

JMO!

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:45 AM

Sorry 'bout not posting in a while. I do intend to check out the legality of me carrying a handgun in the woods, and of course, be safe. As with the .357 revolver, I would love one. My brother has one. My brother tried to talk and talk and talk to my mother about one, Never worked. But he's 27 now I was thinking about a revolver of .357 mag, Maybe, just maybe i can get one. I'm more of a persuasive person than my brother. [8D] As of the talk about france/countries guns are made in, Gave me a good laugh what you guys said. Especially about france. But, third party reviews are key. Those are what matter, regardless of where it's made of. Hence this thread. I'll look more into med. frame revolvers. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:54 AM

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver

What do you think, AKbound?
Old 12-19-2003, 02:10 PM

Hi MossyOak02,

Personally, I have had good experiences with anything from Taurus in the last ten years or so....at least. (Quite some time ago they lacked many of the finishing touches of S&W....alot like the Rossi's.) But, fortunately, any of the recent Taurus's to pass through my hands have been very reliable.

The 66SS4 is probably about as "ideal" for a general purpose outdoor carry piece as you could get, (unless you got Grizzlies in your back yard). I would think it would work fine! And I'd be very surprised if you found anything disappointing about it.

Once again...good luck with everything!

P.S. If you should happen to find a used Ruger Security Six (chambered in .357 Magnum) that is in nice shape and a good price.....don't be afraid to snap it up. They are discontinued now...but a very good revolver!

Quick Reply: Beretta/92/96/99 styled pistols

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.