Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka... >

Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Old 12-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

I was an MP on Camp Courtney and Camp Foster from Dec. '96 to Dec. '97 (they shipped me over there on Christmas Eve...so typical). I liked it there a lot. I lot of Marines hated it, but I thought that as a duty station it was better than Camp Lejeune. I've not met any other group of people that can party harder than the Japanese. I made the mistake of betting one of our Japanese security guards that I could drink more Sake than he could. That was a big mistake!

I also spent a lot of time working with the SP's on Kadena. Convinced me I should have joined the Air Force! You Air Force guys had it made. The Air Force definately takes care of its troops.

Mike
Old 12-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Japanese quality is beyond Reproach they have beaten the Euros in quality in every manufacturing category known and sell them for less money. Anyone that is not aware of this has lived in a cave the last few years.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:38 PM

Mike, Yes, we were taken care of. Did you get to eat in our chow halls? I couldn't believe it when they served lobster every once in a while. I was a SP. Security side, on the flight line. Only time it sucked was when a typhoon would hit, then we had to eat C-rations. Yech!!! LOL

Oldelkhunter, you got that right. I own a Jeep right now, but wouldn't hesitate to buy Japanese. I couldn't afford the European car prices, or the repair bills.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

No, never ate at any chow halls when I was there. Because MP's work odd hours we were often on duty when the chow halls were open so we were paid ComRats so we could buy our food at the Commissary.

I was actually referring to all the activities you guys had on base. Several movie theaters ($1/show), nice golf course, bowling alleys, etc... But I'm guessing the Air Force chowhalls were great compared to the Marine Corps ones too.

I never dealt with the flightline SP's much. I never had much cause to go down to the flight line. As close as I'd get would be to sit on the perimeter road and watch the F-15's from the 18th Fighter Squadron do high performance takeoffs. I mostly worked with the LE SP's. Knew a few of the gate guards pretty well too. There was one really cute SP that I wanted to date...until I found out she was engaged but not wearing a ring. Oh, did I mention that the Air Force has all the hot women too...I shoulda joined the Air Force, darnit.

Mike