Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
 Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka... >

Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Old 12-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Would you rather a Jap Crap BROWNING or

a fine crafted Holland&Holland(only about 25grand ) , Sako, Tikka, Husqvarna, Heym......
Corey get off that crack your smoking...

I have owned just a few Brownings and never felt that accuracy and quality were an issue with them. They are probably the least returned bolt guns out there if a survey were taken. They are not my favorite rifle but I can't take the accuracy and quality away from them. Let me get this straight your going to put a Tiika in the same company as the brands listed above? Please get real. Let me tell you what kind of quality your Tiika has , plastic magazine follower, plastic bolt end sleeve and a one size fits all action ...how many of the guns listed above have those characteristics? Let me answer it for you NONE.. Once you burn out the barrel on your Tiika simply walk over to the garbage can and throw it in because its disposable at best.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:12 AM

Yes you are right, Tikka isn't in the same class as the others I listed. I was just giving plenty of examples of how European made rifles are better than made in Japan....
Old 12-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

I belive the original post was comparing the Browning A-Bolt to a Tikka Whitetail. Not the T-3 and surely not other guns that cost twice as much or 50 times as much. I don't remember Back40 asking if anyone has an axe to grind with Browning. Nor do I recall him asking anyones view on Japanese manufacturing.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:29 PM

Old 12-17-2003, 02:12 PM

I am entitiled to an opinion and I am saying that Tikka and Sako are superior to Browning....
You're absolutely right, you are entitled to your opinion. But do you have the right to bash someone else's opinion? No. Especially since you don't qualify your statements with any tangible knowledge of the firearm in question. I wonder what your opinion is based off of. Have you ever owned a Browning? or even shot one? Since you haven't qualified your statements, it leads most people to conclude you have a bias against the Japanese themselves, not against something that you have owned or used in the past and have firsthand knowledge of.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:38 PM

Old 12-17-2003, 10:47 PM

Old 12-18-2003, 11:00 AM

Well, if the Browning performs anything like my 92 Toyota 4x4 I will be very happy!
Old 12-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you know that in America there are 40 lawyers for every one engineer?

Did you know that in Japan there are 40 engineers for every one lawyer?

I think the Japanese are really on to something there! They must be doing something right considering that they ar but one little island in the south Pacific, yet their GDP is second in the world (after the U.S., of course).

You said:

Leave that Made in Japan(Crap) right where it belongs......In Japan
Would you rather a Jap Crap BROWNING
....(Made in Japan JUNK!!!!!)
Then you said:

I am not a racist, just because someone doesn't like a particular product doesn't make them a racist???
But you already said that you disliked Brownings because they were made in Japan by the Japanese ("Jap Crap"), and not because of any reasons perticular to the quality of the rifle (won't shoot a decent group, poor parts fit/quality, poor workmanship, inferior materials, etc...). You based your opinion solely on the fact that it was made in Japan (by a Belgian based company formed by an American). In fact, you insinuated that everything made in Japan is crap. I'm sorry to say it, but that hints of racism to me.

I own a Browning BPS, and it's by far the finest pump shotgun I've had the pleasure of owning...and, God forbid, it was made in Japan. I've also seriously considered buying a Browning A-bolt, but I have little interest in sporter-weight rifles and their one heavy barrelled rifle is way TOO nice for what I want to use it for (spray paint it camo and use it as a coyote rifle).

Oh, and since you've obviously never been to Japan (I lived in Okinawa for a year), you probably wouldn't know that the Japanese make cars that will keep right up with that Ferrari you like so much (Nissan Skyline, the Japanese version of the Toyota Supra Twin-turbo, Japanese version RX-7's and the Acura NSX all come to mind). And with a few performance upgrades could probably beat it. But those cars aren't imported to the U.S. because they are not legal here, largely due to our much higher emissions standards as well as import tarriffs and quotas.

Mike
Old 12-18-2003, 12:15 PM

Well said Mike.

I spent two and a half years at Kadena AB in Okinawa. '78-'80. I survived that long by getting involved in the motocross races on the base.

They did have some fast little cars on that tiny island.

Quick Reply: Another post on A Bolt vs Tikka...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.