Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2 >

Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2

Old 06-22-2022, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2

OK this morning I took the 3 different brands of ammo that shot the best last session. The differences in this session was that the target was placed at 75 yards and I lubed several CCI Mini Mags and Federal Target with a lube I use for my muzzleloader. I also shot 10 rounds in each group instead of 5 for a better test. One other thing I did was before firing each 10 shot group I cleaned the bore and fired 5 round of the same ammo at a "sighter" target to foul it with that ammo. This increased distance and the 10 shot group showed a better story. The CCI Mini Mags (lubed) came out on top again followed closely by the Norma TAC-22 (which was already lubed from the manufacturer). The Federal Target (lubed) ammo also did well with one out of the group slightly. Both the CCI and Norma hit same POI. Seems the rifle likes slippery bullets!!
This rifle is a shooter for sure.
NOTE: The TAC-22 group I accidentally shot at a different target so I had to cut it out and tape it onto this one. You can see in the bottom left is the target I was supposed to shoot.
Attached Thumbnails Bergara BMR Ammo Test Rd. 2-ammo-test-rd-2-copy.jpg  

Last edited by bronko22000; 06-23-2022 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:57 AM
Spike

wow that goods , lets party,
Old 06-25-2022, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting results. How did you apply the lube?
Old 06-25-2022, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Wingbone
Interesting results. How did you apply the lube?
WB The lube is what I would call semi-hard. I just put some on my finger and rube between my finger and thumb and just spin the bullet between them. Only takes a couple seconds and I can do a box of 100 in just a couple mins. I'm only putting a thin film of lube on the bullets.
Try it and see for yourself if you get the same results. I imagine something like T/C Bore Butter would work but that can get messy if it gets too warm. As I type this I bet even something like Crisco would do the same thing.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
WB The lube is what I would call semi-hard. I just put some on my finger and rube between my finger and thumb and just spin the bullet between them. Only takes a couple seconds and I can do a box of 100 in just a couple mins. I'm only putting a thin film of lube on the bullets.
Try it and see for yourself if you get the same results. I imagine something like T/C Bore Butter would work but that can get messy if it gets too warm. As I type this I bet even something like Crisco would do the same thing.
I gotta try that.