Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

It's All Your Fault...

Old 01-11-2022, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by CalHunter

So, does anybody know anything about the 375 Ruger?
All I need to know is that its more gun and more recoil than I'll ever need. My full house .45-70 loads out of my Marlin Guide Gun is quite enough thank you.
But from what I hear the 375 Ruger is quite a step up from the 375 H&H that has been taking game including the big 5 for a long long time.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:54 AM
Spike

Just in case anyone is interested.
I have been shooting my Ruger Old Army, ROA, and the results have amazed me. So far the best load has been 35 gr /v/ of Pyrodex P under a 0.457 RB. I have tried 25, 30, 35, 40, & 45 grains. I have attached photos of the last three loads. All are 6 shot groups at 10 yards. Will back up and shoot some more next week. The target dot is 1.75 inches in diameter.
Attached Thumbnails It's All Your Fault...-roa-35-gr.jpg   It's All Your Fault...-roa-40-gr.jpg   It's All Your Fault...-roa-45-gr.jpg  

Last edited by Olde NE Hunter; 02-04-2022 at 11:55 AM. Reason: forgot the last sentence