HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Firearm Review Forum (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum-33/)
-   -   Henry 22LR (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/426651-henry-22lr.html)

bronko22000 09-10-2021 05:33 PM

Henry 22LR

Took my new Henry 22 lr lever rifle out yesterday when I sighted in my muzzleloader. It shot fairly well. I'm not too fond of the partridge sights though. I like the ones on my Henry 22 WMR with the U-notch buckhorn rear and brass bead front sights.
I want to continue using the open sights but next time out I'm going to put a scope on it and shoot several different types of ammo to see what shoots best then take off the scope and sight in the open sights with that ammo. I must have 6 or 8 different types of ammo to try from Eley match to Winchester Wildcat.

Champlain Islander 09-12-2021 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4396808)
Took my new Henry 22 lr lever rifle out yesterday when I sighted in my muzzleloader. It shot fairly well. I'm not too fond of the partridge sights though. I like the ones on my Henry 22 WMR with the U-notch buckhorn rear and brass bead front sights.
I want to continue using the open sights but next time out I'm going to put a scope on it and shoot several different types of ammo to see what shoots best then take off the scope and sight in the open sights with that ammo. I must have 6 or 8 different types of ammo to try from Eley match to Winchester Wildcat.

Got the "Golden Boy" model in .22 LR. Shoots as well as my eyes allow with open sights. Nice solid action and well built. Too pretty for a safe but that is where it sits.

bronko22000 09-13-2021 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander (Post 4396836)
Got the "Golden Boy" model in .22 LR. Shoots as well as my eyes allow with open sights. Nice solid action and well built. Too pretty for a safe but that is where it sits.

I agree that they are pretty and I often thought about getting one. But the stock is a different configuration than the standard rifle and it just feels weird to me when I shoulder one. I'm not one for buying and not shooting a gun.

Oldtimr 09-15-2021 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4396862)
I agree that they are pretty and I often thought about getting one. But the stock is a different configuration than the standard rifle and it just feels weird to me when I shoulder one. I'm not one for buying and not shooting a gun.

Is it a straight stock or a pistol or semi pistol grip butt stock? I am a straight stock guy, all my shotguns are straight stock and my favorite rifle is straight stock. If you are not used to them it could feel weird.

Champlain Islander 09-15-2021 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4396862)

I never noticed a difference in the stock. I bought mine about 10 years ago when a grandson was born with the feeling that I would pass that one onto him when he gets older. The gun is quite heavy but balanced well and the action is nice and solid. I don't find it uncomfortable to shoot and it does have a nice brass bead and buck horn adjustable sight. I find it a decent plinker that is fun and cheap to shoot.

bronko22000 09-29-2021 04:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The difference is in the configuration of the receiver which makes it feel awkward to me.