Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Ruger LCP II 22 LR

Old 05-03-2021, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger LCP II 22 LR

I picked one of these little gems up a while ago, mostly for the purpose of inexpensive shooting. I already have an original LCP and an LCP II chambered in 380, but ammunition has become hard to come by these days. I handload almost all of my ammunition for other cartridges but not for the tiny 380. That is where the 22 LR version of the pistol comes into the picture.

The slide on the 22 LR version operates easier than the 380. I have only put a couple hundred rounds through the pistol but so it has been completely reliable and reasonable accurate. At ten yards I can usually make a group of holes from a full magazine (10 rounds) in the target about the size of a baseball with a two handed hold. I do not have a grip sleeve on this little pistol yet, but probably there will be one soon.

This is a nice practice pistol and would not make a bad trail pistol. My wife carries a LCP II in 380 often and she really likes the 22 LR version. She likes it so much that I will probably have to buy another one.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh darn.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

They are nice little pistols Uncle. My cousin's wife carries one. Those grip sleeves (Hogue Hand-all I believe) are great. I put one on my M&P Shield 9mm and my accuracy improved by at least 50%. I assume you have big paws like me. I inherited my gorilla hands and sausage fingers from my dear departed dad but these grip sleeves help the pistol fill my hand.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do indeed have larger-than-average hands and now have grip sleeves on all of my small pistols if I am the primary user. My wife has much smaller hands so the grip sleeves do not work well for her.

I remember the older post with the recommendation to try the grip sleeves, and for me it was very good advice. I like the Pachmayr sleeves a little better than the Houge sleeves, but the both work fine and allow a much better grip on the smaller pistols.