Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
20ga. 3" Accutips vs Expanders >

20ga. 3" Accutips vs Expanders

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

20ga. 3" Accutips vs Expanders

Old 05-25-2019, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 20ga. 3" Accutips vs Expanders

For years I have shot the Accutips with great accuracy, and truefully no issue on game......But also being a fan of the Barnes that I have been using in my muzzleloaders for over 20 years, I was excited to try the new Remington Barnes since they came down in price inline with other slugs......Honestly I didn't know what to expect, I honestly didn't think they would group as well as the Accutips. So last week I went to the range.....Without making any type of adjustments I took two shots off a steady rest at 100 yards, both cloverleaf 1" to the right.....I was impressed, so I decided to make the adjustment....4 clicks to the left.....first shot went high, I twitched......Next three shots 2" above center.....this was with the Savage 220......Next up was the 1187, very similar results and adjustments. I will go back one more time in the giving weeks to see if I get the same results.

The Barnes are known for devastating performance on game
Attached Thumbnails 20ga. 3" Accutips vs Expanders-remington-accutips-3-5cdfd5.jpg   20ga. 3" Accutips vs Expanders-savage-220-remington.jpg