Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
240 weatherby in encore barrel >

240 weatherby in encore barrel

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

240 weatherby in encore barrel

Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 PM
Spike

Default 240 weatherby in encore barrel

Anybody ever tried the 240 weatherby in a t&c encore? I've got a bullberry barrel in it and have been trying to figure out load data. I know because of the encore action I have to be a little more cautious then a bolt rig. Any ideas on load data for this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

The 240 Weatherby has similar case head dimensions to the 30-06 and 308 family of cartridges, which it can handle with ease, so it should handle even maximum loads well. I'm assuming you got a rifle length barrel. If so, just pick a bullet and powder combination you want to try and try it. If you happen to have a pistol length barrel, I highly recommend bullets on the medium to light end of the weight spectrum and probably some slightly faster burning powders as well.