Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

T/C venture

Old 07-04-2018, 10:49 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C venture

What do u folks think of this gun for my grandson in a 7-08.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

I looked at some of them when they first came out. Not my personal cup of tea but I'm fairly large and pretty picky when it comes to stock designs. The triggers on all of the ones I looked at felt reasonably good. Especially for a fairly cheap rifle. The bolts did have a fair amount of slop in them but they were smooth in operation. I don't know how old or how big your grandson is, but your choice of cartridges is pretty much about as good as one can get for pretty much anyone for whitetail and elk. There are some highly misinformed folks that think the 7mm-08 is too light for elk. The few I've taken as well as the several the old man took with the 7mm-08 would have to disagree. I didn't get a chance to fire any of them or cycle any rounds so that's as far as I can go on that. If you haven't taken a look at the Ruger American, take a look. Other than the trigger, they are a pretty great buy but the trigger is horrible. But that can be easily and fairly cheaply corrected.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another one you might want to consider is the Mossberg Patriot. I've heard good thing about that one too.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

a buddy of mine won a 243 at NRA dinner and he setted up for groundhog hunting. I went 2 for 2 on groundhogs at 280 yards and 305 yards. They were the only two shots that I fired from his gun. I had no problem with the trigger