Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Browning Hells Canyon rifles? >

Browning Hells Canyon rifles?

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Browning Hells Canyon rifles?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Browning Hells Canyon rifles?

Does anyone have any experience with the Browning Hells Canyon rifles? I need to hear the good, bad and ugly.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Spike

Scoutlook has a pretty informative review on youtube you may want to check out if you haven't already. I haven't shot one yet but have shouldered several. They are nice looking rifles and I was very impressed.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I have a friend with one in 7mm Rem Mag. This fall before hunting season we took it to the range to test different brands of ammo and see how well the rifle shoots. It was quite an interesting time we discoverd that the rifle shot Barnes 160 ammo Hornady 160 superformance and Hornady 160 sst ammo all to the same point of impact. The groups were all around the same size 1.5 inches. He may also have shot some Remington 160's as well. All of his shooting was done without the muzzle brake. He had it with him one time in the summer and used it but I can not remember if he said it made a big difference. All in all it seemed like the gun is a pretty good performer from what I saw. When we were shooting the groups we let the barrel cool for at least 8 minutes between shots it was a cool day and the barrel was cold to touch each shot.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you for your opinions of the Browning rifle.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they're like all the other Browning A-Bolts & X-Bolts I've shot, handled, owned, customized, worked on, or sold, you CANNOT go wrong!
Old 01-23-2018, 08:03 AM
Spike

Browning Hells Canyon rifle is a very good choice! It's lightweight, smooth and easily maneuverable. Got one and really can't complain.

Last edited by Billford99; 01-24-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Can any of you all post a pic of one?