Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Sig P320 9mm review so far >

Sig P320 9mm review so far

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Sig P320 9mm review so far

Old 02-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sig P320 9mm review so far

Just picked it up and shot a few mags through it today at the not quite completed indoor range. First things first, the ergonomics of this pistol is absolutely spot on for me. The grip just falls dead into my hand. It's beautifully balanced for a poly frame and points just about perfectly. Now, I have always been partial to SA 1911's and the triggers on them. I've never felt a striker fire trigger that I even remotely liked, until now. Very little creep, no blade trigger safety crap to interfere with trigger feel like a Glock, and the break is about as glass like as I believe a striker fired can get. Accuracy was even better than I expected even from Sig. I only shot out to 35 feet but both mags I fired, 30 rounds, all went into the head of the Sil target. And all shots were double tap, drop down, raise for double tap again. I'll try to get to the range and really put it through it's paces sometime this week but so far I really don't think a person could go wrong with this piece. I think I'll break it all down tonight and give it a good scrub and frog lube it. Let it get it's ribbit on.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Typical Buck

Woops, Mods would someone mind moving this to guns, thought I had clicked it there but I guess I broke stupid momentarily.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

I moved it over for you HL

-Jake
Old 02-05-2018, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

I spent some time playing with a 320 a while back when I was considering it for a new duty pistol. Maybe ran 150 rds through one. It was a nice pistol. I ultimately chose to stick with a Glock 17, although not because I believe it to be any better. Just extremely familiar with the 17 and have been carrying it on duty for a while now and am comfortable with it.

If I were to switch it would be to the 320 though.

-Jake
Old 02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

I'd hold off. The Army has been having several serious problems with the 320--stoppages, AD's, live rounds ejected, etc. Supposedly,l they are still trying to determine the cause of those problems.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Lot of horse crap going on around the internet about the P320c. The Accidental Discharges reported, 4 actual AD's reported with over 500,000 pistols sold, could be directed to mishandling of a loaded firearm. Idiots taking a hammer to a loaded firearm to make it go bang can be done with many handguns on the market. My honest opinion is there are a bunch of Glock worshipers out there bent out of shape because Sig won the Army contract. And to be completely honest, ergonomically, the 320 feels 10 times better than any Glock I've ever held and I've held and shot most all of them.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

I've carried both brands (SIG in P220 & P226) and Glock in 17, 22, 23, 27 and 30SF) over a lot of years and still own both so I don't feel that I'm biased against either one. SIG feels like a glove and is a Cadillac pistol that is basically a 1911 in a DA/SA configuration. Glock was designed for a combat application and is supposed to function flawlessly. I've had FTF, FTE with both although it was rare with both. I wasn't aware of anybody taking a hammer to a loaded pistol but if they do so, they pretty much deserve what happens. I haven't shot a 320 but have read a few articles about the problems with the gun (see links below that include SIG's website).

Like I said above, my recommendation is "I'd hold off" on buying a 320. SIG has a military contract to fill and will obviously figure out the fixes if the proposed voluntary upgrades don't correct the problems. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and can spend your own money however you like.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...e-p320-pistol/

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...wounds-officer

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/08/08...-p320-upgrade/

Last edited by CalHunter; 02-06-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had my 320 for awhile now. No problems with it and probably around 2000 rounds thru it. Mine is super accurate and I love the trigger feel.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a 320C FDE some months back. Actually it was last Sept for my wedding anniversary. I got in on the magazine and Sig pistol bag rebate. It's been back to Sig for the voluntary upgrade. The sad part is I still haven't taken it to the range since I bought it. It's a beautiful gun. I really need to get to the range with it.

I was in FL right before Christmas. There is a indoor shooting range. He had a sign that nobody was to shoot a P320 on their range because of AD's. He didn't care if they'd had the upgrade or not he didn't want them on his range period.
Old 04-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to take so long getting back to this. I wanted to really put the pistol through it's paces as well as how it feels carrying. This pistol, for some odd reason, already came with the mods already done from the factory that the voluntary send in's are doing. I was under the impression that the factory wasn't doing them to the new pistols for civilians until they were further in to the mil contract. Anyway, I have now put over 800 rounds through this P320c and have only had 1 FTF due to a bad primer. No FTE and no stovepipes. Although the trigger felt good from the get go, it is even smoother now. Same crisp break and very quick reset. Slide lockback has worked on every final shot. I tried limp wristing on a few shots and had no problems with ejection. That actually surprised me to be honest since I did it at the end of a fast fire mag. I haven't fired any cheap ammo from it like Wolf since I reload and I don't reload to +p though I do get a little close to it. I use 115gr FMJ RN from Hornady for practice and load up 115gr XTP's currently but I am thinking about switching to 124gr Gold dots for carry. Though I wish I could get the Federal HST's but so far as I can find you can't get the HST bullets as components only factory ammo. So to conclude, this is a flawlessly operating handgun that carries well, comes to point perfectly for me, feels nice in the hand not like a brick like some other handguns, Glock, and considering it is from Sig it's not priced outlandishly like most of their other handguns.