Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Taurus Tracker

Old 12-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Taurus Tracker

I have a few Taurus firearms and never had any trouble with them. I just purchased a Tracker revolver in 17 HMR. But I have yet to shoot it. Don't ask me why I got it because I have no idea except that I got a super deal on it. Its NIB with a 6 1/2" bbl and really sweet sights. The trigger isn't too bad either. I can't wait to run some ammo through it and see how she shoots. When I first looked at it what caught my eye was the matte finish. It almost looks as though it were parkerized.
I'll post some accuracy reports once I put it through its paces and sight it in.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm more than happy with mine - it's one of a short list of handguns that I wouldn't ever part with. I've been in and out of scopes on mine, just depends how far I want to be able to shoot with it.

Other than being uber-loud, it's an incredibly pleasant revolver. Heavy for such a small cartridge, but for a wheelgun that can kill bunnies at 100yrds, the weight and length are nice. Definitely take good hearing protection with you to the range - it's surprisingly loud for what it is.

I've been tempted to do a high gloss polish on mine, or an FDE cerakote, just haven't ever bitten the bullet to do it. I do "accent polishing" on all of my revolvers, so the latch, trigger, and hammer are mirror polished, but the rest of mine is matte finished.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Had a taurus tracker in .22 stolen a few years back. It was a very enjoyable revolver and mine shot very well.
-Jake
Old 12-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

I have had several Taurus revolvers, everything from .22 to .44 never had any trouble with any of them.