Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&W M&P Shield

Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Had mine for a week now. Really nice gun for the money and take down/ cleaning is easy. Very accurate for a small handgun.
That's the same impression I got when I fired my buddies and we cleaned his Shield.Maybe I need to start keeping an eye open for one. He lives in FL. I forget exactly what he said he gave for it but I know he said it was less than 400.00 OTD.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Really nice piece. My wife even liked it... might get another for her. Got to figure out what kind of CC holster I want. Well worth the money and I got mine for 389. Got a liberty drawer safe for it when the grand kids are around.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just let me say first that I'm in no way affiliated with this company. I'm just a very satisfied customer.
http://www.talontraininggroup.com/
You mentioned that you need to figure out what kind of CC holster to get. I have about a half dozen or so total of the Talon IWB holsters and they also have a IWB Tuckables. Go to their site and they have all their holster shown plus they have several different videos, one of them shows how the Tuckable works.

That's hard to believe how reasonable the Shields are selling for.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks I'll check them out. I had a hard time getting my shield because it had to be one with a thumb safety and the non safety models are more in demand. My gun dealer finally found one and got it for me.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up the Gunvault XL 1000 series for the Shield 9mm we have, fits into my nightstand pretty well and I find it is easy to open quickly. Keep the passports and SS cards in there as well as our emergency credit cards and cash. tractor Supply carries them.

GunVault
Old 03-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have experience with pistols that are more accurate than the Shield but harder to conceal. Also with pistols that were easier to conceal but less accurate. The Shield balances the roles of accuracy and concealability very well, it is a good firearm.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Had my shield now for a little over a year now and like it a lot. paid $319 for it think total was like $350ish. The only thing I have done to it is the Magguts +1 conversion.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Tufrthnails
Had my shield now for a little over a year now and like it a lot. paid $319 for it think total was like $350ish. The only thing I have done to it is the Magguts +1 conversion.
I didn't stop and go in but I saw a sign in front of a local gun shop. S&W Shields 350.00 so it would be about 375.00 OTD. I keep telling myself that I don't need it. I'm afraid No matter what I get for a carry gun it's going to be very hard to stop carrying my Sig P 938.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I picked one up last week. I have yet to shoot it though. It looks just like a scaled down version of my full size M&P. I too am looking for a concealable holster. But I have an additional problem in that I need a left hand version.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I picked one up last week. I have yet to shoot it though. It looks just like a scaled down version of my full size M&P. I too am looking for a concealable holster. But I have an additional problem in that I need a left hand version.
Here ya go.. http://www.galcogunleather.com/summe..._8_7_1306.html I've used Galco products for several years now and while they are a bit on the pricey scale, they are well worth it. I too carry lefty most times and some of their products have lefty versions but not all. But I have found they have more than most other makers outside of custom shops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.