Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

S&W M&P Shield

Old 12-17-2015, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default S&W M&P Shield

I bought a Shield 9mm as a carry gun recently. After cleaning I took it to my pistol range with both new magazines (8 round and 7 round) loaded with Remington bulk ammo. Slow fire with two hands it put all 15 rounds into one 2" group with no flyers at 10 yards. That was much better than I had expected from such a small pistol.

I finished the box of 100 rounds with similar results and no problems at all.

It functions exactly like any other M&P. Same trigger, same disassembly, etc. It is not a pocket pistol like a LCP but it is small enough that it tucks away nicely when attached to a belt by a small leather holster. This is a very good small pistol and the price is right.

Last edited by Big Uncle; 12-18-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Wrong distance
Old 12-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been wanting to get the same gun. I have seen some very good reviews. A coworker has the full sizes M&P as well as the compact version...both shoot well.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
I bought a Shield 9mm as a carry gun recently. After cleaning I took it to my pistol range with both new magazines (8 round and 7 round) loaded with Remington bulk ammo. Slow fire with two hands it put all 15 rounds into one 2" group with no flyers at 25 yards. That was much better than I had expected from such a small pistol.

I finished the box of 100 rounds with similar results and no problems at all.

It functions exactly like any other M&P. Same trigger, same disassembly, etc. It is not a pocket pistol like a LCP but it is small enough that it tucks away nicely when attached to a belt by a small leather holster. This is a very good small pistol and the price is right.
I agree I have the same pistol, same caliber. No complaints. I carry mine in a DeSantis holster (OWB) don't even know its on my belt.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Correction:

I just noticed that the distance to the target in my original post was wildly wrong! The target was 10 yards from the shooter, not 25 as I originally posted. Brain malfunction.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:18 AM
Spike

I purchased one for my wife after she acquired her Concealed Carry Permit. She absolutely loves it.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been very impressed by many of the compact and micro models out these days. We - as shooters - imposed this unrealistic expectation of accuracy for such tiny firearms, but the industry has delivered. My wife's LCP is one of the most accurate (non-custom) pistols we own, for no apparent reason - just good design.

150yrs ago, the "belly guns" of the day in these size classes were terribly inaccurate and the triggers in them were horrid, but long range accuracy and silky, light operation wasn't needed or expected - hence "belly gun." It's amazing what these things can do now.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:16 AM
Spike

I bought one for my 18 year old daughter and she really likes it.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

One of my sons purchased one and it shoots wonderfully - for everyone who has shot it.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine has a 9mm Shield.We went to the range and I put a couple magazines through it.
I was impressed and have been seriously thinking about getting one but I really don't need it. Maybe one day if I can find a good deal on one.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Had mine for a week now. Really nice gun for the money and take down/ cleaning is easy. Very accurate for a small handgun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.