Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Weatherby Mark V Accumark >

Weatherby Mark V Accumark

Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Weatherby Mark V Accumark

Old 06-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I have a friend down in Texas that bought one in the Remington Sendero Model and he quit using it because of the recoil he couldn't tolerate. I was surprised because Hayden was a big guy that rode bulls in the big rodeos back when Larry Mahan was the star of rodeos. He shot a yote one day with it that was way out there and it almost cut that yote in half!
large guys cannot take recoil well from my experience, they have to absorb it all, small framed guys roll with the flow.
RR
Old 06-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
large guys cannot take recoil well from my experience, they have to absorb it all, small framed guys roll with the flow.
RR
Probably so, as I've heard that the size of the person isn't what really matters when it comes to recoil. I'm a little under 5'10" and 165# and don't shoot anything bigger than a 30-06 and can shoot that all day while many think it's way too much recoil for them.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
RR
Not really. Just most large men think they can "take the punch" and never "learned" to roll with the recoil.They tend to tense up and there isn't much more out there that will create a "flinch" faster than tensing up. Getting "scope eye" probably beats it out. Learning to shoot as a small child taught me to relax and roll with the recoil so I didn't evolve into "taking the punch" when I started getting some serious size on me.
Old 06-25-2015, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

My STW loves 160 gr Accubonds in front of 80 gr of H1000. Let us know how she shoots.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wayspr
My STW loves 160 gr Accubonds in front of 80 gr of H1000. Let us know how she shoots.
I sure will! Its killing me not to shoot it yet.
Old 06-26-2015, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fritz, what's your problem with Nikons? I have around 30 of them on various firearms and absolutely LOVE them. Hard to beat the quality for the price.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Fritz, what's your problem with Nikons? I have around 30 of them on various firearms and absolutely LOVE them. Hard to beat the quality for the price.
They have great glass but, I do a lot of 4 wheeling and have had durability issues with them. I have had to send too many back for repair. Never had the problems with Bushnell, Leupold, Redfield or Vortex, just Nikon. I have literally had the vibrate apart on a 4 wheeler while riding the trails around here. My last episode with Nikon was with a P-223 AR scope mount, I figured maybe there mounts were better than there scopes, I was wrong. I mounted the mount on one of my AR's and when I torqued the scope mounting screws, one of the screws pulled the threads out of the mount. High quality aluminum crap! $50, straight to the trash can. I have had the worst luck with Nikon than any other scope manufactor. Other people love them but I have had nothing but problems out of them. Scopes, binoculars and even mounts.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, never had a single problem like that from any of mine. My pistol mounted scopes see their fare share of abuse, especially the one on my .500 S&W mag. Never had one blow up. I also have 3 of the AR scope mounts and never had a problem with the threads pulling out or stripping. I rarely use an ATV. If I'm hunting back country it's usually hiking in on foot or horseback. Never had one fail from a saddle.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I have friends that love them and never had any problems, but I just have had bad luck with everyone I have owned. Like I said, they glass is great and I love there cameras but I have had bad luck with both scopes and binoculars. I have never owned a Buckmaster scope till now but I have had both Pro-Staff and Monarchs.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
I always wanted a Weatherby, well last weekend I finally pulled the trigger and bought a Weatherby Mark V Accumark chambered in the 7mm STW. I have been looking at this gun for over 2 years at my buddies shop. I ended up getting it for $1054 out the door with a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18 scope. The scope has to go, I hate Nikons, think I will replace it with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 or save a little more for a Nightforce. Anyone have experience with these rifles? The serial #'s are SBxxxxxx, can anyone tell me when it was made? Now the search for brass begins, I found the dies.
My father-in-law (RIP) collected Weatherby rifles. After his passing we sold them all as they are not my cup of tea - but they are good rifles. The price you paid seems about average for that rifle in excellent condition in my area.

I have had a fairly new Nikon Buckmaster give up the ghost on me and had to be replaced by Nikon, but other than that one they seem to be serviceable. I do not think I would put a scope of over 14X or 16X on an elk rifle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.