Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

rubber stocks

Old 02-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default rubber stocks

I am looking for a hunting rifle with a rubber coated stock for deer hunting. I know the T/C Dimension is one, but not sure if there are others, plus it has to be lefthanded.Does anyone know what is available

Last edited by wjsmall97; 02-23-2015 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

It looks like I might have to go with a Savage weather warrior, or one of the new Browning X bolts, whhich is what I really wanted even though it doesn't have the rubber coated stock. Probably in 7mm-08.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wjsmall97
I am looking for a hunting rifle with a rubber coated stock for deer hunting. I know the T/C Dimension is one, but not sure if there are others, plus it has to be lefthanded.Does anyone know what is available
Not sure if they make it left handed : http://www.howarifles.eu/9.html
Old 02-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why not just get the rifle you want then buy an after-market over-molded stock? Look at Hogue's website, you'll see what models they offer, and which they offer in left hand.

That will probably expand your list a lot larger than what very few factory models are available in the hogue rubberized stocks.

Curious question though - what is it about the rubberized stocks that you like so much?
Old 02-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

They are quieter in an aluminum treestand, and you get a better grip when it is raining/snowing. Plus I think they won't get as beat up. I am tough on a stock
Old 03-09-2015, 02:38 AM
Fork Horn

It looks like I will go with a Browning X-Bolt all weather, not a rubber coated stock, but a laminate in lefthanded 7mm08
Old 03-09-2015, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by wjsmall97
It looks like I will go with a Browning X-Bolt all weather, not a rubber coated stock, but a laminate in lefthanded 7mm08
Well that's a far cry from your original post! I was going to suggest a Tikka T3 with synthetic stock. But as I typed this I got a brainstorm or maybe a brain cramp. Why not a synthetic stock, mask off the barrel channel and screw holes and everywhere else you don't want it to go and spray or paint it with black rubber undercoating? It would serve your purpose. Or you could just spray the forearm and pistol grip. Just thinking out loud.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Ya, I have an A-Bolt I would be trading in anyways, so when I saw the All Weather X-Bolt on Browning's web site I really liked it. Only problem they won't be available until July or so.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Remington makes the SPS rifle in left hand bolt. it comes standard with a synthetic stock. not sure how many calibers is available in it. I like it because it comes with a clip magazine. I have one in 30-06.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:41 AM
app
Spike

WJS...came right with Hogue/Synthetic stock ?

I'm asking as I recently purchased a r/h Howa in 22250 with a black Hogue stock..& after inspection I was pleasantly surprized at the quality...forsure..awa the aluminium bedding & heavy-barrel...
I do think tht they are being made in l/h as well..compares very well with Rem-ton..& Howa also manufactures some Weatherby's, S&W, & other rifle-makes..to my knowledge..
ALT, as suggested, an overmoulded rubber-stock will probably work just as well..choices, choices, choices...?

Regards
app

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.