Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Most accurate rifle

Old 03-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are the lugs tight? I have the lugs loosen up once and accuracy was waaaaay off. Worth checking.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO it has more to do with a "good" rifle & scope ($$$), ammo that the gun likes, and a competent marksman !

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-12-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most accurate rifle? Hmmm....

My vote would be for the incredibly accurate (right out of the box!) Savage rifles, preferably chambered in .308 with a good quality scope. Ammo would be any flavor of Federal Premium .308 rounds. (Savage rifles like Federal).

I have one and believe me... it is a tack driver!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

well I only read the first page of this thread so I don't know what is on the other pages. My response to this thread is simply there isn't a "most accurate" rifle. All manufacturers and custom gun makers will throw out a POS once in a while or a super accurate rifle. But on the average you get what you pay for. I once owned a Rem 700 bull barreled 7-08 production rifle that I used for high powered shilloutte shooting that had produced groups as small as 3/8" at 200 yds and another sporter barrel .270 that shot 1/2" groups at 100 yds. I've also had them that shot no better than 2" groups @ 100. But from the 25 or 30 hunting rifles I've owned or owned I've had the most consistency out of the box with Savage or Tikka. (only experience with one Tikka)
Old 03-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Championship points pouring off of this one...
this is why i only go to the range once a year
any shooting range is exactly like this thread
a load of bs that doesnt matter once youre in the forest
Old 03-15-2014, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by logancbeeman
this is why i only go to the range once a year
any shooting range is exactly like this thread
a load of bs that doesnt matter once youre in the forest
Why go once a year then?
Old 03-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by streetglideok
Why go once a year then?
haha i gotta shoot the 4570 a couple times man, might pull out a dime and make an adjustment on my scope and im outta there. i cant deal with people who so clearly fish with power bait in the summer, if you catch my drift. cornballers ya know?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup, another guy who pulls the rifle out a week before season, makes sure its "minute of 5 gallon bucket" and goes to the woods.
RR
Old 03-15-2014, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Good thing he use a big gun or he would be chasing a wounded deer all day.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

you guys are just over thinking this, i shoot my rifle good enough to hit a deer in the lungs within a hundred yards every time. i only shoot it several times because how is my scope going to go out? it not like i throw it around. i only have to make a few minute adjustments every season.
for the most part i am a bowhunter and just dont pay as much attention to rifle hunting because it takes zero skill to kill deer with a rifle, absolutely zero skill.
point and click. as easy as hitting a button with your mouse.
i shoot my bow for fun because that doesn't cost me $1.50 every time i pull the trigger.
the simple fact is a deers vitals dont require moa accuraccy and thats all i use my gun for is killing deer and i am very good at it. i dont see any nice bucks on your profiles?
so answer me this. why should i try to shoot tighter groups? why? when all i do is shoot deer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.