Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Most accurate rifle

Old 03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Pie plate accuracy at 100 ....uh, ok.
RR
yeah i shoot a bigger gun than you do and i only shoot it standing
ive never missed a deer
i practice practically, a deers vitals aren't smaller than a pie plate.
i dont shoot for fun, i test my gun to shoot meat, why waste my over a dollar a piece bullets sighting any tighter than that? to be cool?
and imo if youre shooting at game at over 100 yards its because you didn't have the skill to be closer
Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Accurate Rifles

My 2 Remington M700s at 200 yards:

Old 03-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are fine 5 shot offhand groups!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Big Uncle
Those are fine 5 shot offhand groups!
LOL...

Nope
Old 03-08-2014, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by logancbeeman
ive never missed a deer
i dont shoot for fun, i test my gun to shoot meat, why waste my over a dollar a piece bullets sighting any tighter than that? to be cool?
and imo if youre shooting at game at over 100 yards its because you didn't have the skill to be closer
have killed many, many deer at less than 20 steps, not a big deal, if your satisfied with pie plate accuracy, good thing you get close with your big gun.
RR
Old 03-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I have 2 Winchester M70s, both classic stainless. One has the BOSS system on it, the other doesn't. One is a 7mm rem mag, nothing done with the trigger, the other is a 300RUM with a trigger job done. Both sit in drop in Winchester wood stocks, no bedding. Both shoot ragged holes to single holes at 100 yards. I have a Remington 798(mauser made in Europe) that I bought on a special sale rack at a gun shop in Tulsa. Paid $450 for it or about that, in 375H&H. Threw a new redfield 2-7x on it, and shoot ragged holes at 100 yards with it.

The point of all of that is, ignore all the glory ads that claim Remington or whoever is the most accurate rifle out of the box. All modern bolt action rifles are capable of these kind of groups. The things that make the biggest difference IMO is how good is the shooter and I mean that honestly, how good is the scope mounted, how good is the scope, how good is the trigger, and then the ammo used. I load my own ammo, and with that I've obtained the best groups. I have two Leupolds, one Oregon made Redfield(well leupold made redfield) and a Zeiss. I have two simmons scopes to which they sit on a shelf. I Loctite my scope mounts and use dovetail bases. I'm also not the kind that show up two weeks before season and expect perfect groups either. The gun is a tool. It is up to the shooter to be accurate.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by logancbeeman
ive never missed a deer
Championship points pouring off of this one...
Old 03-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Haha, not even touching this one!
-Jake
Old 03-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Haha, not even touching this one!
-Jake
***Me neither! Just let the kid continue talking about his pieplate accuracy standard, since he obviously doesn't realize he's making a fool of himself in every post he makes!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

ruger m77 .308 is the most accurate rifle ive ever shot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.