Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Remington M700 tactical >

Remington M700 tactical

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Remington M700 tactical

Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington M700 tactical

My son wants one for deer hunting... I know not the perfect gun but he's prior marine grunt and with him it's tactical all the way... Anyhow been reading reviews and so far it's seem good except stock... But or under 800 bucks what u expect...

Does anybody hear have one and how's it shoot?
Old 11-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tacticool... Roll eyes... Nothing special about the SPS Tactical 700, and like you mentioned, an exceptionally poor stock. Bed it, maybe stiffen the forend if he'll be bipoding it, I'm sure it'll still shoot 1MOA or better if your son can handle a rifle like I'd expect a Marine would. It's a cheap SPS with a 'blacked out' tactical look, nothing fancy over any other SPS.

If it's Tactical he wants, I'd point him in the direction of the 700P (Police) or 700P LTR (Light Tactical Rifle = shorter barrel and fluted version of the Police). $100-200 more than the SPS Tactical, but far better stock and trigger, and a blue-printed action (at least used to be). The 700P ain't the rifle the 700PSS used to be, nor the 40X, but it's definitely a fine rifle, very very capable.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

http://remington.com/en/products/fir...-tactical.aspx
My buddy has one in 308 and loves it. It's not real heavy to carry unless your climbing mountains with it, but shoot like a varmint rifle with well under 1moa groups. The stock is Hogue which has a pillars and feels really good to hold. Check it out http://www.getgrip.com/main/overview/overmolded.html
I want one in .223 for coyotes
Old 11-18-2013, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well got the gun... Should be scoped by this sun... Will post a range report then