Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Weatherby PA-08 Upland shotgun >

Weatherby PA-08 Upland shotgun

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Weatherby PA-08 Upland shotgun

Old 08-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default Weatherby PA-08 Upland shotgun

I was at field and stream the other day and i noticed this shotgun and the $400 dollar price tag on it. Out of all the shotguns this one caught my eye. The wood and blueing on it is so nice, and i really like how they engraved weatherby into the receiver. It shouldered really nice and just felt good. I'm thinking about getting this for my dad for christmas, but if i have the money early, during hunting season.

Does anyone on here own one or shot them? They look like they are higher quality than other shoguns in that price range and i always heard weatherby is a good brand. I also have another question. I live in PA and you have to be 18 to buy a gun. I want this to be a complete surprise for my dad. I was thinking of having my friend who is 18, buy the gun for me since i won't be 18 till after christmas. My other friend said the gun would be registered in his name though. I thought i heard somewhere that they delete the registration on the gun after being in the system for a month. I don't know if thats true or its for handguns or what. any idea?
Old 08-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own the SA-08 (semi auto version) and I love it... nice feel, good shooter, does everything I need.

Not sure on the pump, but my SA is really a nice gun, especially at the lower retail price.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Spike

These are made in Turkey, and while older guns made in Turkey have a spotty rep, now they are making some good guns, you can find reviews of these in major gun/hunting mags backissues online. I think the wood is Medeterranian Walnut. Turkey seems to be going the way Brazil(Taurus) did, more high quality ISO stuff....who cares who's name it's in for the STATE?? It can be sold from one individual to another so that means nothing anyway, I would do what I needed to do....your dad'll love it.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

You can buy & sell rifles and shotguns without registering them, when you buy them person to person. The only catch is, if it would be stolen and used in a crime it would come back at your buddy, because he is the registered owner. Your dad could just transfer it into his name after he gets it.