Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shopping for an AR

Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck guys. All the gun shops I go to can't get any. The wholesalers are distributing them as fast as the manufacturers get them out. You may have to go to a big time store like Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

My gun shop had 8 in the store Monday last week. They sold all 8 by Tuesday.

They had 15 come in on Thursday (ordered before the shooting) - of those, 9 were spoken for before the shipment arrived. They sold every single one of them before Friday.

They also cannot get the ammo... They'll get a case in, have it sold by the end of the day....

....best part is, this is a SMALL town shop!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought/ ordered a Rock River Arms Varmint A4 today and the shop keeper told me that I SHOULD have it by NEXT CHRISTMAS!!!!!! Went from 4-6 months wait 6 weeks ago to 8-12months wait now!!!!!!! Damn!!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's just crazy. While it's impossible to project exactly what Dianne Fienstein will introduce and when it'd go into effect, worst case is that it went into effect immediately, and if the rifle weren't in your safe on that day, it's not going to be - ever.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I picked up an Olympic Arms last Wed. $623 out the door. I have several friends that own one and say they have never had any problems. I cannot say since I still have to find ammo to try it out.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

You.....and everyone else.....
Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The AR market is crazy right now and will probably stay that way for a while. If people will just calm down things will level back out but with all this panic buying going on i think it's gonna be a while. I purchased a DPMS Lo Pro the week before Christmas for $700 and im glad i did because the price has probably doubled now. Like i said ..... Crazy!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

LGS got a shipment of 50 Bushmaster M4's in on Friday. I'm concerned about what might happen with a ban or just the threat of a ban, so I went ahead and jumped on one. They sold them all in about 10 hours. Been putting off getting an AR for several years now for one reason or another. I was able to buy at $100 below MSRP, so it could have been much worse.