Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Firearm Review Forum
Shopping for a 9mm pocket pistol . . . >

Shopping for a 9mm pocket pistol . . .

Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Shopping for a 9mm pocket pistol . . .

Old 07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html Give this some consideration.
-Jake
Old 07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sure is! I got it in 2010 when I got drawn. I'm not eligible to put in for bull again until 2013.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by dig4gold
I'm liking what I read about Kahr. Some good stuff guys and thanks. I was liking the Diamondback DB9 but read horror stories on jamming and like ipscshooter said, this is no gun to cut corners on. I wish I could go and shoot a couple before buying, but the gunshops here have the attitude of "You buy it then you try it!"
Not sure where you are, but, here in Houston, there are MANY gun ranges that have a variety of weapons that you can rent for a range session. Costs a few bucks, but, you can try out a variety of different stuff.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

im using my hammerless colt 380 with gold dots,its just reliable as heck.my sig 2340 is just to big to stash
Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jdhogg
my sig 2340 is just to big to stash
It all depends on your wardrobe and your holster. I have, on a few occasions, carried a full size ParaOrdnance P14-45, with extended magazines...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hand Gun

First thing you need to do is make up your mind not to rush. There are a lot of really great 9mm handguns out there. You don't need to fire it to find out if it fits your hand and will conceal the way you want it to. Do you want it for range shooting or defense - be honest.
Can you get a carry permit in your area easily? Do you need a permit just to buy, like in NY? Do you want it to have a large capacity.
I have 2 carry weapons - one is a Kahr P9 and the other is a small S&W Airweight revolver. No great capacity in either one, but they hide easily and both shoot very well. So it's a very personal decission.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I honestly like my M&P Compact 40. I carry it in a Fobus paddle holster under a vest or sport coat and even under a T shirt. Sometimes I even forget I have it on the set up is so comfortable. Sigs are great handguns but they just feel too 'clubby' in my hand. Not comfortable to me.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have had a Sig P290 since june of 2011. It conceals easily, is reliable, accurate, and the trigger is smooth. Overall I am happy with it but now that the new P938 came out I have been wanting to get it. I love the 1911 style pistol and before the P290 I carried a Kimber Ultra CDP but grew tired of the weight. I will have the 938 once the rush to buy them wears off and the price calms down a bit.

Other guns to consider are the M&P Shield in 9mm or .40, Kahr cw9 or cw40, and i've heard pretty good things about the new Berreta nano?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Although I am not a big fan of semi autos I do have a couple of Bersa's which seem to function quite well, very reasonably priced. the .380 conceals quite easily, not sure about the 9mm.

I know you are looking for a 9mm but I have never owned a semi-auto that didn't "hic-up" every now & then, so when I need to carry I toss one of these in the pocket when needed (I prefer the 442) it goes Bang every time. jmop

http://www.dayattherange.com/?p=68
Old 10-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

The Ruger LC9 would also be my choice. I think the Glock 26 is another great sub compact 9mm pistol, but it's too big for pocket carry imo. Really I think there are many more .380's suited better for pocket carry than there are 9mms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.