Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Just In From The Range

Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just In From The Range

Just in from the range, took my Remington 11-87, and Mossberg 500, both in 20ga., both are shooting great, both are shooting the Remington Accu-Tip 3", I'm very pleased, My Savage 220F is one hell of a tack driver also shooting the same ammo. Next week I will go back with the H&R Ultra Deluxe (20ga.) using the same ammo. I wonder if, is it the guns, the shooter or the ammo, that all 3 so far are shooting excellent!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

My hunch is that the H&R will shoot the 3" Accutips equally well. Shot two 3 shot groups yeaterday and both were under an inch and a half.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I want all my slug guns to shoot the same ammo, so if the H&R holds true I will need to sell a few boxes of the Hornady SST, which shot very well from this gun
Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like ya found a winner!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both are shooting about 2" high above dead center at 50 yards, and those Accu-Tip 3" slugs will still reach out to 100 plus yards