Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Air Guns?

Old 04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Air Guns?

I want to buy a decent air gun. Looking to pick one up to keep critters at bay around camp. Are most air guns today fairly quiet? Would like to be able to shoot out to 30 yards or so if possible. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Rob
Old 04-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

The Gamo rifles are real quiet if you go with the ones with the ND52 noise dampener. Also they have the IGT piston in some models instead of the spring piston which makes them even quieter.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Gamo rifles are real quiet if you go with the ones with the ND52 noise dampener.
+1

I picked up one of these and they are pretty quiet. Just one thing if you want this rifle to be quiet use regular lead pellets. The lighter alloy pellets will go supersonic which means noise. The lead pellets have just enough weight to keep them from breaking the sound barrier.

Good luck.