Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Mosin-Nagant.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Spike

Default Mosin-Nagant.

I may be getting a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 for my birthday, how are they in general? And are they any good for hunting?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

i love mine! Its the M44 model but its accurate as heck. They are not a light weight and the triggers arent light either but they shoot darn good for the money.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I have two of them right now that I mostly take out and let people shoot when non shooters come over and wanna shoot. I love my Nagants, one shoots really well at 100, the other only about 8 inches at 100 so not too good.

I've taken 2 coyotes with a Nagant, and missed one doe. So, ya you can use it for hunting. I shoot cheap surplus when I'm target shooting...Make sure you clean it after shooting each day. The surplus gets really dirty and some is corrosive. For hunting I get a.... I'm thinking a 180gr round nose soft point. But dont take my word on that it's been three years since I've bought any of that stuff. I got my first Nagant for my 18th birthday, so enjoy yours! I enjoy mine for sure.
-Jake
Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

mine shoots about 3 inches at 100yrds with open sights.if ya get reloadable ammo the speer 150gr is accurate over 53gr 4350.checkout rocksolid for turned down bolt handles and scope mounts,the bolt handle is on a bolt body so it aint cheaply done.boyds makes a great laminate stock for the mosin too.