Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite

Old 01-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite

What's your opinion on these rifles? How do they compare to Remington,Ruger & Savage?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jerry,

First off - I like them, but they are what they are............. a entry level rifle !

That's not to say, it can't be very accurate.

Here is a review by Chuck Hawks (keep in mind, done some time ago).

http://www.chuckhawks.com/critical_look_T3.htm
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'VE gotta T3 lite staneless in 3006 and I like it very accurate and lightweight. I like it better than my remingtons it valences better and has the smoothest action I've tried it's also one of the most accurate rifles i've ever fired. There a great value and you couldn't go wrong with one
Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Jerry,

First off - I like them, but they are what they are............. a entry level rifle !

That's not to say, it can't be very accurate.

Here is a review by Chuck Hawks (keep in mind, done some time ago).

http://www.chuckhawks.com/critical_look_T3.htm
Yup I agree Sheridan.The Hunter{wood stock}seems much nicer than the synthetic one but there's some about the gun that.......for lack of better wording seems "cheap" to me
Old 01-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sheridan,I read the link after I posted.It about sums up my thoughts on it.Just something about it I dont like.

Last edited by jerry d; 01-04-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

The T3 Lite in 270 I had was very accurate. I took it to Wyoming and it performed on a deer and antelope. I got home and sold it. It felt cheap, but it was my first experience with synthetic stocks. Other than the Accumark I've since bought, it will be nothing but wood stocks for me. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not knocking guys who like synthetics.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by newton29
it will be nothing but wood stocks for me.
I know what you mean.I have a Rem 700 SPS & I dont like the stock either.Eventually it will be replaced
Old 01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

I've got a T3/SS Lite in .270WSM that shoots 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Very unhappy. I know there are a lot of people that like them, but I am obviously not one of them.
I would trade it in, but I would feel sorry for the person that got it. My opinion is they are a piece of Sh$t. Tikka use to make a good rifle in the late 90's. I have one in .308, a model 596 that shoots half MOA with most ammo. These T3's should never have rolled off their production lines.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks SGT. Nothing worst than being unhappy with a hunting rifle,it totally destroys your confidence in it.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Spike

Default Tikka T3 lite synthetic stainless

Picked up a Tikka T3 lite synthetic stainless in 270 win this fall. I put a Nikon 3-9/40 prostaff scope on it, picked up an extra clip, spent 40 bucks on a limbsaver recoil pad as the stock one was pretty stiff, and shot two deer with it the next week. I haven't spent much time sighting it in, but with cheapo factory Winchester powerpoint 130 grains, I got all 3 through the same hole at 30 yards and 3 shots within 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards without even trying, while shooting off some Caldwell bag rests plopped on top of my workmate in the snowbank. I didn't see any groups over an inch at 100 yards.
I picked up some Hornady Superformance 130 grains and the first calm day it gets above -20 C, I'll be out shooting!
As was mentioned, the stock seems a bit on the plasticy side, lol..but it's also a light gun to carry around. The Limbsaver recoil pad made a huge difference in felt recoil, well worth the money with a gun this light weight!
I've read reports that the polymer bolt shroud can crack, mine hasn't so far....but I can pick up a nice anodized aluminum aftermarket one for 60 bucks, so who cares.... After all, I like to put a few goodies on my toys
For what I paid for the Tikka, I'm very happy with it, and plan on keeping it a long time!
Attached Thumbnails Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite-img_3800.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.