Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite

Old 01-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Just courious, why do some of you consider it an "entry level" gun? Is it price? Quality? Stock?

Personally I think it is great that some of the manufactures are making guns that have guaranteed MOA accuracy for a reasonable price. In order to do that, they have to cut the cost somewhere. Not everyone can afford to go buy a $700+ rifle and drop another $200+ on a scope. Along with the manufacturer cutting cost, the guy who can't afford the $700+ rifle will have to sacrifice too. Accuracy is what counts most of all IMO and I bet there are a lot of Tikkas and TC Ventures out there that will out shoot a lot of the more expensive rifles.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a t3 lite in 7mm rem mag. This year I shot a decent buck with it at about 300yds. Also shot a doe right in the eyeball with it at about 85 yds.

I've had the gun for about 3 years and really like it. you will not find a better action or trigger on any gun, regardless of price. yeah, it's got a "plastic" stock and yeah I would not call it a pretty gun, but performance can't be beat off the rack (at least with this particular gun, imo)
I came up with the idea to even use the hollow syn butt of the gun to store a little emergency pack and extra shells when I take it out west.

accuracy to me is very important. although I certainly have no axe to grind with chuckhawks, I don't understand his consept of bargain rifles using accuracy as a sale gimmick.

I love beautiful rifles, but I love function too. sometimes you get one without the other.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

double post for some reason...sorry
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Fork Horn

Has anyone found a manufacturer that makes replacement stocks for the Tikka? That seems to be the only beef I hear from people that own them.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

It ain't a entry level rifle by no means. A entry level rifle would be Remington 770 and the tikka is ALOT better.. I don't mind the stock I wanted a synthetic stock and that's what I got
Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Backwoods7
It ain't a entry level rifle by no means. A entry level rifle would be Remington 770 and the tikka is ALOT better.. I don't mind the stock I wanted a synthetic stock and that's what I got
The stock on mine seemed well made but I guess I just like the traditional lines of, say, a Model 700. The first thing I thought when I held a Tikka was how "futuristic" the stock looked.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

The stock is diffrent looking that's for sure and it's a little slick feeling but it balances so well and shoots one hole groups so I'll keep it
Old 01-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Backwoods7
The stock is diffrent looking that's for sure and it's a little slick feeling but it balances so well and shoots one hole groups so I'll keep it
Nice! What caliber do you have? I went to Sportsmans Warehouse yesterday and fondled a few guns. They had the Lite and also a ultra lite I think it was called. I liked how they felt when I put them to my shoulder.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Camosteel
Has anyone found a manufacturer that makes replacement stocks for the Tikka? That seems to be the only beef I hear from people that own them.
Try Mcmillain,they have one called the Tikka 65.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What a revolting development this is

"First off - I like them, but they are what they are............. a entry level rifle !"

To think of anyone ever recommending an entry level rifle to a newbie, that's highly accurate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.