Community
Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Tikka Hunter/T3 Lite

Old 02-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Remington 700 SPS And IMO it's an entry level rifle.What makes it inferior IMO is the cheap stock that Rem. puts on the gun.You go put a BDL or CDL stock on it it's no longer an entry level gun.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Sheridan
"I am at the point in life where I can buy any car I want and if I were in the market for a car it would be a Volkswagen."

...............and I believe it too ! LOL

Downsouth got it right !!!
"For what I paid for the Tikka, I'm very happy with it, and plan on keeping it a long time!"
Class act Sheridan. I sold my A-Bolt to get another Tikka. My Tikka's are light, have the best factory triggers out of the box, I have three now all shoot sub MOA(that is with me shooting someone else could do better I am sure). That is all I want out of a rifle. Spending 2k-5k on a rifle would do nothing for my ego, maybe yours.
I do spend more on good glass because good glass = big money. My main Tikka has a Swarovski 3-12x50 30mm with the Swarovski Rail Mount. Not for my ego but because it holds zero, crystal clear, tracks and best low light I could find.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've been following this post for some time now because I own or have owned bolt action rifles by Remington, Browning, Ruger, Winchester, Savage and Tikka. The Tikka was my latest purchase about 4 years ago. And ever snce I bought this rifle it has been the ONLY rifle that I have taken out hunting. It is highly reliable, super accurate, and the most accurate production rifle I have shot in a long time with an action that is slicker than snot on a door know. I have been hunting/shooting for over 45 years now and I would not hesitate to purchase another Tikka T3. And entry level rifle I think not. It is a rifle for the serious hunter.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Tikka T3 Stainless Lite in 270WSM...It's a great rifle, one of my favorite additions to my safe in the past several years. I will add, I am left handed and at the time I was specifically in the market for a 270WSM and Tikka was the only one I could actually put my hands on. I was leery when I bought it...but the first trip to the range I was sold. With factory loads my first 3 shots were right at 1" @ 100 yards. With little effort and hand loads I can consistently put 5 shots into less than 3/4" @ 100. For the past 4 years since buying this rifle it has been my primary whitetail rifle. I own a ton of rifles...mostly Remington 700's, but also have a newer Browning A-Bolt Medallion, Savage 10 and 11, a pile of Savage 99's and so on. The rifle will shoot with most of those rifles any day of the week, and it far better rifle then the money I spent on it. I was pleasantly surprised and wound't hesitate buying another. I have no doubt the rifle will out live me.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I posted this thread 3 years ago. I've really tried to like these rifles but still can't .
I've shot a couple of them, nice trigger, accurate but they still seem cheap!
Hate the magazine, bolt shroud and the recoil lug leaves a lot to be desired IMO.
BUT a lot guys like the rifle and you don't hear of any issues about the things ive mentioned.
If a rifle don't feel right to the person that's gonna shoot it then its no good to that person.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

I have a tikka T3 in .308, SS, bull barrel. And 2 Remington 700 bdls in .243 and .308. Love all three. I use the 700s for hunting, the tikka for competition.

I reload for all three. The tikka has shot a five shot group, at 100 yd of .172 personnel best. But consistently shoots five shot groups of .250-175. The Remington’s consistent at less than .500 and as low as .200. Most here may understand the measuring, for those who don’t, the bullets being .308 dia. the hole measuring after five shots, just .500- .200 over that dia. So that’s Five shots in one ½ inch hole, not five shots ½ inch a part. So JIMO all three do very well. And I have beat out some very expensive guns on the range. And the glass does play a very big role in that.

Price plays a role in the quality of the scope, but there are some lower cost scopes, of good quality. That said a cheap scope or sometimes a high cost scope of low quality as well as the mounts, on a quality rifle, can give very bad results, that many blame the rife for.

There others I shoot with who use tikka’s, each gun has their own sweet spots, off the lands, powder load, and even primers. Finding the right combination, the shooter with, rife, scope, mounts, and ammo
Old 02-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Spike

I just picked up my first rifle today. Tikka T3 .270. So far I like it. I do think walnut looks a ton better. But I want a rifle that is good and can do the job,almost all the reviews are good and just handling it today it seems like it will do the job for me. I am also happy I can use it as it is a lefty rifle.

A few things like the plastic part on the bolt and a plastic magazine I heard minor complaints about. I guess if you have to pay 50 bucks to get a new bolt or magazine, so be it. Comparing it to my dads .270 it is incredibly light. Can't wait to shoot it.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Spike

Default I would respectfuly disagree...

Originally Posted by SGT.H
I've got a T3/SS Lite in .270WSM that shoots 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Very unhappy. I know there are a lot of people that like them, but I am obviously not one of them.
I would trade it in, but I would feel sorry for the person that got it. My opinion is they are a piece of Sh$t. Tikka use to make a good rifle in the late 90's. I have one in .308, a model 596 that shoots half MOA with most ammo. These T3's should never have rolled off their production lines.
I have the exact same gun, caliber and all, straight out of the box shooting Winchester and Federal Premiums it shot groups I could cover with a quarter at a 200 yrd zero. I know my next comment will possibly stir the pot a little but here it goes. Keep in mind this is used as a "hunting" rifle and not a "target" rifle. I shot 3 shot groups got on paper at 100 then zero'd at 200 and did not see a significant difference between the Winchester or Federal with the exception the federal seemed to have a slightly larger drop at 200. Either way for me and my shooting style this "Ruger" guy was won over by Tikka and would not hesitate to recommend or buy another. Actually looking to buy the same gun in 7mm Rem Mag
Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by jerry d
Man, I posted this thread 3 years ago. I've really tried to like these rifles but still can't .
I've shot a couple of them, nice trigger, accurate but they still seem cheap!
Hate the magazine, bolt shroud and the recoil lug leaves a lot to be desired IMO.
BUT a lot guys like the rifle and you don't hear of any issues about the things ive mentioned.
If a rifle don't feel right to the person that's gonna shoot it then its no good to that person.
Jerry, While I agree that if the rifle doesn't feel good then you shouldn't buy it. But as for the Tikka being cheap - no way. The magazine is a polymer that is much stronger than the steel or alum sheet metal magazines put out by other manufacturers and its in line design allows for effortless round feed by the bolt. As for the bolt shroud, its lines add a sleekness to the rifle design. The cocking indicator is also a nice feature below the bolt shroud. My one and only ''complaint'' about the T3 is the ejection port. It makes for loading a single round a bit difficult with gloves on. But on the plus side, it adds rigidity to the receiver. The locking lugs are the same at the rear where it counts than a Rem or Win.
Also each and every rifle coming off the line is test fired for accuracy and if it does not shoot 3 rounds in 1 MOA is is returned for rework.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SGT.H
I've got a T3/SS Lite in .270WSM that shoots 3 inch groups at 100 yards. Very unhappy. I know there are a lot of people that like them, but I am obviously not one of them.
I would trade it in, but I would feel sorry for the person that got it. My opinion is they are a piece of Sh$t. Tikka use to make a good rifle in the late 90's. I have one in .308, a model 596 that shoots half MOA with most ammo. These T3's should never have rolled off their production lines.
If I were younger and in the market for another rifle I would buy this off you in a second.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.